8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » Pink Floyd The Wall / Jagger Bowie Music shorts Derann

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pink Floyd The Wall / Jagger Bowie Music shorts Derann
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 04, 2019 09:21 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These two short reels were released along side two others, Police and The Buggles. These other two have eluded me so far but some years ago i purchased the Jagger /Bowie release from Derann of the music video, Dancin' in the Street which was released for Live Aid. Indeed this reel opens with a few quick shots of Live Aid titles and also ends with the appeal address to send money to. The colours and image are first class, the sound is good, but i'm sure a rerecord,(which i wont attempt) could make this a 1st class short.

The second short i purchased is the brilliant, Another brick in the Wall video by Pink Floyd. Sound on this one is very good are the image and colours. Both on low fade stock and both of these are now joined at the front of my newer extended cut of Tommy which i will review in a new thread as i will doing the two Iver 400ft editions side by side.

-
 -
 -

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

|  IP: Logged

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2019 10:25 AM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice! I have the Bowie/Jagger video and the Police video you mention. I will have to keep my eyes open for the Pink Floyd.....it looks great. [Smile]

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 04, 2019 12:24 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Bill, yes it is a good short and from what i gather, quite a rare one these days. [Wink]

[ May 05, 2019, 02:17 AM: Message edited by: Tom Photiou ]

Burton Sundquist
Master Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2019 12:29 AM      Profile for Burton Sundquist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...Any Pink Floyd on Super 8 is rare. Great one Tom! In the 70's I snuck in my first Super 8 camera into Yes And Jethro Tull Concerts here in Canada. Took one reel at each. Now I must get at those films more than ever.

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2019 09:39 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the Pink Floyd video as above and also the Video killed the radio star short I placed onto one reel. Hopefully one day I will find the other 2 but all 4 of these rarely come up for sale so it could take a while to complete.

Graham S

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 05, 2019 01:07 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They are hard to find now thats for sure. Shame they didnt do more. I was hoping someone would have released Michael Jacksons thriller video would have been a very good 400 footer.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted May 05, 2019 02:26 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Note for info that the Live Aid release was a later initiative from Derann (approx 2003), while I believe the others mentioned were initially French releases from around the late 1970s that Derann subsequently obtained the negatives of.

Anyone seeking more of Pink Floyd on Super 8 should look out for 'Stamping Ground' - the film of a Dutch pop festival which featured Floyd and various others. There's a full length version but if I remember rightly, the Floyd sequence might be also be fully intact in the 400' digest version. [See correction below.]

[ May 05, 2019, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: Adrian Winchester ]

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2019 02:53 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the 400’ Stamping Ground and if my memory serves me it has

Santana
The Byrds
Dr. John
Jefferson Airplane “White Rabbit”

I can’t recall the other song titles but I will edit the post after I screen it. I know Pink Floyd is not on my copy.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 05, 2019 03:37 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Love to get my hands on that one.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted May 05, 2019 06:41 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bill - Thanks for clarifying that, as I used to have the 400' but sold it when I obtained the feature. I think the Pink Floyd sequence in the feature is a relatively long one, so the editor of the 400' may have felt it would occupy too much time.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC