8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Cinecolor Stock Question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cinecolor Stock Question
Kenneth Horan
Film Handler

- posted December 18, 2005 03:19 PM      Profile for Kenneth Horan   Email Kenneth Horan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a 16mm Cinecolor print of a 1951 release with two peculiarities. One is that it has a gray soundtrack and not the usual Cinecolor green or cyan track. The other is that the date code of the Kodak duplitized stock that it is printed on is two dots, 1959. Cinecolor was suppose to have gone out of business in 1954. So who made this print? Was a third party still making Cinecolor prints using Cinecolor's method on duplitized stock? Duplitized stock has an emulsion layer on each side of the base. And why is the soundtrack gray and not cyan?  -

--------------------
Ken Horan

|  IP: Logged

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted December 18, 2005 04:25 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's tough. [Eek!]
Pardon my ignorance, but are you sure this is in Cinecolor... maybe it's a dupe made in regular Kodak LPP color... no, wait, did Kodak ever make duplitized stock like this? ... I'm confusing myself now. Sorry. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted December 18, 2005 05:00 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it possible that it was copied on to IB Tech? That would account for the silver sound track.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 18, 2005 05:44 PM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin --

That's definitely not IB Tech...

Kodachrome, Ektachrome and Anscochrome stock had gray soundtracks, not just IB Tech.

Ken posted this on the other forum, and did the Cinecolor scratch test, so it's really cinecolor...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC