8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » What Fuse does the Eiki SL-0 use for the sound system

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What Fuse does the Eiki SL-0 use for the sound system
Pablo Alvarez Roth
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2007 09:12 PM      Profile for Pablo Alvarez Roth   Email Pablo Alvarez Roth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Everyone.

I have an Eiki SL-0 16mm projector but unfortunately the fuse for the sound system is missing and nowhere it says what fuse it uses I guess it would use a 250W 4amp o 2 amp fuse? but which one, I placed first a 0.5 amp fuse that blew straight away then a 4 amp fuse I had lying around, and it worked fine, is this the correct fuse or is it to high, I am worried and I dont burn out want to burn the whole system.

2 amp or 4 amp?? which one or is the 4 amp ok?

thanks guys
pablo.

|  IP: Logged

John Whittle
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2007 03:44 PM      Profile for John Whittle   Email John Whittle       Edit/Delete Post 
The amp runs off the same transformer as the lamp and thus has no relation to your mains voltage. The lamp part is an Auto-transformer (which keeps cost and weight down for a 10 amp 24 volt system) and there are two supplies to the amp. One for the exciter lamp circuit which starts at about 8 volts AC and is rectified and regulated to under 4 volts for the BAK exciter lamp and about 60 to 70 volts ac which is rectified and filtered for the amp. There should be two fuses on the amp chassis or on a plate by the transformer. If one is missing (and they should be marked) they are 2A fuses. If you have the "light weight" machine which has a line voltage lamp, then there are additional windings in the motor stator which are used for the exciter lamp and amp, but the fuse values are the same.

John

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC