8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » B&H TQ111 1698 no sound

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: B&H TQ111 1698 no sound
Alan Paterson
Film Handler

- posted April 20, 2008 02:54 PM      Profile for Alan Paterson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chaps,
I've got a green TQ111 1698 (Opt/Mag model) which runs films beautifully, rock steady picture but no sound from either the internal and external speaker (when connected).
The exciter lamp is lit, the Mag/Opt swith is in the Opt position but when running a film there's no sound at all.
Running a bit of double perf doesn't give a prrrrrrrrrrr sound from the speaker as it goes over the head.
When you wind up the volume, you don't get hiss but there is some crackle from the switch itself coming through the speakers (which I'm sure a spot of WD40 will cure).
I'd have thought the amp was dead but for the amplified crackle.
Anyone had experience of this at all?
Anyone got a spare amp? It's a solid state one apparently.
Thanks
Alan

--------------------
If God had meant us to run, we'd have been born with spikes in our feet.

|  IP: Logged

Alan Paterson
Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2008 11:00 AM      Profile for Alan Paterson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fitted a new amplifier board and it lives, it breathes again!
Thanks to Simon McConway for the contact with Gordon Ogbourne.
Muchas Gracias.
Time for a screening tonight I think.
Alan

--------------------
If God had meant us to run, we'd have been born with spikes in our feet.

John Whittle
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2008 12:38 PM      Profile for John Whittle   Email John Whittle       Edit/Delete Post 
Alan,

A word of warning, don't use WD-40 on pots or switches. Use electrical contact cleaner. There are special cleans which attack the oxidation and have a fast evaporation carrier.

WD-40 is a combination of oil and pain thinner (and some secret stuff) but it'll leave your pots and switches with goo which will quickly attract dust and make things worse.

John

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC