8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Bell and Howell TQIII film slipping problem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bell and Howell TQIII film slipping problem
James Paterson
Junior

- posted June 21, 2009 06:33 PM      Profile for James Paterson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a 16mm bell and howell TQIII projector which has a strange problem where the film doesnt seem to be going through the gate correctly and the resulting image just appears as a "blur" as if it isnt getting held in the gate at the right time. I've also noticed on the test piece of leader i used it was chomping some of the sprocket holes.

Its almost as if the claws in the gate are not precisely timed with the sprocket holes on the other rollers thus slightly missing them, and only getting it sometimes.

I wondered what part of the projector i should be looking at to fix this problem, everything else seems to look fine

|  IP: Logged

Hugh McCullough
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 22, 2009 11:41 AM      Profile for Hugh McCullough   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello James.

If you return to your original posts on Film-Tech, you will find that I have posted a downloadable Technical manual for the TQ3.
This should help you find the answer to your problem which appears to be with the intermittent claw. This is the three toothed part that moves in and out of a small slot in the picture gate.
In the manual B & H call it The Shuttle.

Hugh.

--------------------
EIKI Ex 6100 xenon machine.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC