8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » 16mm premier splicer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 16mm premier splicer
Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2010 01:07 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I found one of these splicers while looking it over I could not figure it out I have pictures but do not know how to post them here can anyone help or give me info thanks

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see 電o I have that title already?"

|  IP: Logged

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2010 04:35 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jim, I have copied the following instructions from another post I wrote yesterday to reply Daniel's one and I paste them here for you. Hope this will help.

To post a picture you simply have to select the CLICK HERE TO UPLOAD AN IMAGE link next to the PREVIEW POST botton after entering POST REPLY.

Then, a FILM TECH page will open. Skip all instructions and get down to the THIS IS NOT FOR UPLOADING PICTURE TOURS note.
Enter your data (username, password) and select the folder where the file you want to upload is.

Click now SUBMIT and wait for a while. Be sure the size is not too big (not more than 550 pixel-200k). If it is, a window telling you to reduce it will appear. After doing that, and if the size of your file is ok, a window will open showing you the image preview and a URL code. Just copy and paste this code to the post and add the reply.

Your post will be edited including all uploaded pictures.
Just try.
Ciao.

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2010 05:09 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
THIS IS THE MESSAGE I GET EVERY TIME EVEN AFTER FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS TO SHRINK IT IN PAINT IT IS SMALLER THAN THE REQUIRED PIXELS SO WHY IS THIS SO DIFFICULT? [Mad]

Your login has failed! Please check your username and password and try again.

--------------------
jim schrader

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2010 05:19 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] In this case contact Jeroen. I know he had a similar problem but I'm sure he finally solved it as I've seen he recently posted some screen shots.
Hope he will be in a postion to tell you what he did.
I never had any problem in posting pictures, so I cannot say...

Oh, a question: do you type your password or do you copy and paste it from another source, when getting to the THIS IS NOT A PICTURE TOURS note and you have to enter your data?

--------------------

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2010 09:33 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[ January 09, 2010, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: Jim Schrader ]

--------------------
jim schrader

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2010 01:27 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I asked you about typing your password because a couple of times I had copied and pasted it from the mail I had to confirm my subscription to the Forum. And the log-in to post pictures did not work.

Jeroen is a member here on the Forum: jeroen-van-ooyen (at) hotmail (dot) com
Try to contact him. At leat he would tell you what to do. As already stated in my previous post, he had the same problem some weeks ago.
Ciao.

--------------------

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2010 06:18 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I remember right, when typing in your User Name, you must use Capitals where needed....i.e in my case 'Martin Jones', not 'martin jones'.
Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2010 11:45 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -
 -
If anybody has any info on this or is intersted let me know thanks jim

--------------------
jim schrader

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2010 11:49 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done, Jim, you finally did!

--------------------

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2010 01:57 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't need another hot splicer but does it get warm after you plug it in? Just curious...

(also curious why they are called hot splicers when they only get a little warm [Razz] )

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

John Whittle
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 10, 2010 11:08 AM      Profile for John Whittle   Email John Whittle       Edit/Delete Post 
They're called hot splicers because they set the splice almost immediately. This is very important if you're working in a lab and splicing negative together. Waiting 30 sec or so for a splice to set is just too long.

For a real fast splicer see the Bell & Howell pedal splicer where you move the left and right sides with foot pedals and only have to scrape and apply cement. These are/were the workhorse splicers in labs.

John

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 11, 2010 10:33 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
can anyone tell me about this item and how it works?

--------------------
jim schrader

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted January 11, 2010 01:53 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it is like the M&H hot splicer you plug it in and let it warm up for a bit. Then lift one side or the other and lock the film into the other side. Lower the side that is raised to trim the film. Once that is done, it works like a regular cement splicer except faster. You use the scraper to remove the emulsion (assuming the emulsion is facing up and on the left side) apply a drop or so of cement on the film you scraped and lower the other side. A few seconds later it is dry and you are done. Make sure that you have a nice edge on the scraper too. [Wink]

I rarely use cement splices since most of my splicing is done with new, polyester based film which of course tape splices must be used.

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 12, 2010 08:19 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
would anybody be intersted in taking this off my hands for parts or use hust pay shipping?

--------------------
jim schrader

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC