8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » What type of Anamorphic lenses?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What type of Anamorphic lenses?
Brannon Carty
Film Handler

- posted June 15, 2011 08:12 PM      Profile for Brannon Carty   Email Brannon Carty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,I have a Bell & Howell Filmosound 550 Projector....Ive been trying to find a suitable Anamorphic lenses to project a 2.35:1 film.Do any of you recommend any?

...as Im a bit confused about this stuff...

--------------------
The Young Film Nerd.

Model Owned: B&H Filmosound 550

"You're gonna need a bigger boat." - JAWS (1975)

Films Owned: Killer Fish

|  IP: Logged

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted June 16, 2011 01:21 AM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I personally have used Singer, EIKI, and Bausch & Lomb lens all of which work well. Bell & Howell make a heavy anamorphic lens, but the focus is always soft, bad design on their part. I think your model projector uses the large barrel B&H lenses so a "C" or "D" size should do fine.

For the Singer and EIKI lenses, I had Omer Whayne make adapters that screw onto the end of the prime lens then screw the anamorphic lens onto that. The Bausch and Lomb lens is one complete lens with 2" prime lens that I used an adapter sleeve to hold the lens.

If you need an adapter ring or sleeve, here is Omer's contact info. Just substitute the (AT) for @ and (DOT) for . in the email address. If you want his phone number send a PM.

OMER WHAYNE

owhayne342(AT)aol(DOT)com

I do have a Bausch & Lomb lens for $65.00 including postage if you are interested. The fit without sleeve in the small barrel B&H projectors. Here is a link to one on ebay for $25.00 with a minor defect. With some care, it sounds like it could be fixed.

B&L CinemaScope lens

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC