8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Bauer P7 manual requested

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bauer P7 manual requested
Dave Cragg
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 20, 2011 11:21 AM      Profile for Dave Cragg   Email Dave Cragg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Help! Does anyone have an English language manual for the Bauer P7 please?

I've downloaded an English manual for the P6 but as I'm a complete novice with regards to 16mm (just received my first 16mm projector yesterday)and I'm a bit confused; for automatic film threading does this still involve some manual threading as the P6 manual suggests?

Any help appreciated as always,
Dave

--------------------
Wide eyed novice.

|  IP: Logged

Alessandro Pavoni
Master Film Handler

- posted September 20, 2011 12:14 PM      Profile for Alessandro Pavoni   Email Alessandro Pavoni   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dave, I send you a PM.
regards

Dave Cragg
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 20, 2011 02:37 PM      Profile for Dave Cragg   Email Dave Cragg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Alessandro,
unfortunately I'm having problems getting it into a format that Google will recognise as text and translate.

I appreciate the effort though.

Dave

--------------------
Wide eyed novice.

Robert Lewis
Film Handler

- posted September 20, 2011 04:08 PM      Profile for Robert Lewis   Email Robert Lewis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave.

I have two Bauer P7s, and I think you will find yours a very nice projector to work with. It auto-threads without assistance right up to the point where you need to lead the film on to the take-up reel.

To auto-thread, you must first push down the large green "button" which is situated over the gate. You must make sure that it fully locks down. Then switch on and feed the film into the first roller. The film will then thread its way through to the rear of the machine. Allow a good length of film to pass through and then, by hand. At this point switch off the projector. Then take the film up the back of the projector and loop it around the roller which is located at the top and then lead the film onto the take-up spool. As you tighten the film on the take-up spool pull it tight until you see and hear the "button" you pressed down when starting the process release itself and pop back up. You can then switch the projector on and show your film.

If you wish talk about these projectors, send me a private message with your phone number and I will happily call you. I am in the UK (Midlands).

Dave Cragg
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 20, 2011 04:25 PM      Profile for Dave Cragg   Email Dave Cragg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Robert, I'll try that.

Dave

--------------------
Wide eyed novice.

Dave Cragg
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 25, 2011 03:44 PM      Profile for Dave Cragg   Email Dave Cragg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
I now have a copy of the manual for this projector in English; If anyone would like a copy I'll scan it in and email it.

Although for the 'studio' version most of the controls and layout are the same.

Dave

--------------------
Wide eyed novice.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC