8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » USPS Tracking

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: USPS Tracking
Dave Cragg
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 28, 2011 08:07 AM      Profile for Dave Cragg   Email Dave Cragg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
has anyone else tried to track a parcel through this system?
When I do, all it says is they received electronic notification on the 6th September to expect this parcel, but that this is not confirmation that they have actually received it.
The estimated delivery date was 15th - 21st September. Has anyone had this tracking information, only for the package to suddenly arrive?

I'm particularly concerned as I emailed the seller through Ebay on Friday but still no response.

Also the seller has 100% feedback, yet looking through his iondividual feedback I see he has 2 negatives and 1 neutral?

Thanks,
Dave

[ September 28, 2011, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: Dave Cragg ]

--------------------
Wide eyed novice.

|  IP: Logged

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 28, 2011 09:47 AM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dave,

I made an inquiry about tracking lately at the Post Office and this is what I was told about tracking; If you pay for 'Delivery Confirmation', that is the scenario you are talking about. The package will be scanned at the arrival facility and again at the destination, when it goes out for delivery. This confirms to the seller that the package has arrived at it's destination -- it will "just arrive" at the buyers home without notice. Occasionally sellers will say "tracking included" but, choose to buy 'Delivery Confirmation' instead.

Tracked shipping and it's cost is a little different, they will scan the parcel at arrival and at every location until it's destination, allowing you to see where it is along the way until it arrives at your local post office. On the day that it does get to you, it will say "Out for Delivery" here in the US. I'm not sure what it would say out there in the UK. So, 'Delivery Confirmation' is slightly different than 'Delivery Tracking'.

--------------------
http://lostandoutofprintfilms.blogspot.com/

Dave Cragg
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 28, 2011 02:53 PM      Profile for Dave Cragg   Email Dave Cragg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Gerald,
the service is 'Priority Mail International', but I can't see on their site what sort of tracking info I should expect.

I'll give the guy until Monday before I take ift further.

Thanks,
Dave

--------------------
Wide eyed novice.

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted September 28, 2011 06:09 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it can be tracked. I am assuming you have a package coming from US to UK. The electronic notification I would guess means they purchased online postage...but the customs form still needs to be filled out by hand.

Have them either supply you with the number on the upper left of the customs form they had to fill out before sending or fax you a copy which they were given after dropping the package off with a postal worker. There are several duplicate pages to the form. The post office keeps a couple for their records, one or two go with the package, one goes to the sender as proof of sending. ALL will be stamped with a month - day - year stamp.

The customs form will show when the package was dropped off at the post office, where it went before leaving the country, in customs in your country, and notice for you to pick up your package...I ship a lot out of the U.S. I get emails all the time wanting to know where packages are...they are always held up in customs and always arrive.

It should read something like CP 000 000 000 US Although all the numbers/letters will not have spaces on the form, you must enter the spaces when tracking.

Use this link to track.

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction

If they can not supply you with a number...then raise hell.

I will also assume you paid via paypal, contact them too if you can not get a reply from the seller. Paypal will freeze their account until the situation is rectified. It is a crappy thing to do...as a seller I know it sucks to even suggest going that route with someone. But if they ignore you, what else can you do?

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Richard C Patchett
Master Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2011 03:48 PM      Profile for Richard C Patchett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings
I ship parts all over the world
I always use priory mail with tracking.
Some places like (in) the UK the tracking stops here in the USA
but it lists the last place where it was scanned before it went to overseas.
Hope this helps.

--------------------
RC’s Classic Collection
16 mm Parts & Service
Elmo, Eiki, Bell & Howell +
http://www.rcsclassic16mm.com/

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2011 06:25 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Next time I ship to the U.K. I'll keep tabs on the package. I didn't realize tracking stops for certain countries. I can say for sure that in Germany, the tracking continues until it is picked up.

--------------------

Richard C Patchett
Master Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2011 11:33 AM      Profile for Richard C Patchett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings Hears one i shipped out as a guild

Heston, Hounslow,
Middlesex,
TW5-0JW,
England, United Kingdom

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Delivered Abroad GREAT BRITAIN 01/31/11 12:32pm

At Foreign Delivery GREAT BRITAIN 01/31/11 5:23am
Unit

Out of Foreign Customs GREAT BRITAIN 01/30/11 11:10pm

Arrived Abroad GREAT BRITAIN 01/30/11 11:08pm

International Dispatch ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) 01/28/11 10:46pm

Arrival

Processed through Sort DETROIT MI 48242 01/27/11 7:56pm
Facility

--------------------
RC’s Classic Collection
16 mm Parts & Service
Elmo, Eiki, Bell & Howell +
http://www.rcsclassic16mm.com/

Dave Cragg
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2011 11:34 AM      Profile for Dave Cragg   Email Dave Cragg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
I was given a 'CQ' number, but all the USPS tracking system says is they were electronically informed on 6th Sept to expect this parcel (Priority mail international), but that this is not confirmation that they have received it.

I have since received other items from the US sent first class international which I was able to track through the USPS tracking service.

This guy still hasn't responded to my ebay email of the 23rd; I've just sent him another and if no reply by Monday then I'll raise it with Ebay. He had other items finishing last night so presumably he must have been back to Ebay and seen my messages.

Dave

--------------------
Wide eyed novice.

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2011 12:59 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

The number should be similar to this. You can actually track this one using the link and spacing between the letter & numbers as described in an earlier post.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC