8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » eiki 16 mm to 9.5mm convertion

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: eiki 16 mm to 9.5mm convertion
John Glasson
Junior

- posted December 07, 2011 02:29 AM      Profile for John Glasson   Author's Homepage   Email John Glasson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone had experience converting EIKI/ELF 16mm projector to 9.5mm, I want to do this conversion myself . R M do this in England but I am in Australia so purchasing from overseas would be to costly, and not as interesting either. any help or advise , pics etc greatly appreciated. Want to build this out to dedicated frame by frame telicine . The gate would seem to be a major rework, and the sprocket drive could be replaced from a 9.5mm, or forgo the sprockets ... not certain about the roller guides, eg convert them by cutting them in half with a lathe reducing the width to suit 9.5mm or turn new ones also to run the unit with out sprockets and just turn down the main drive spindle.
Been wanting to do this project for several years a have a lot of of historical 9.5mm to transfer. Already have a service manual for the Eiki so that is a start.

--------------------
http://ponpuonfinc.webs.com/

|  IP: Logged

John Pechulis
Film Handler

- posted December 07, 2011 07:26 AM      Profile for John Pechulis   Email John Pechulis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would be interested in this conversion as well.

--------------------
History frozen in the frames of film

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC