8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Singer 2210 on 50Hz...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Singer 2210 on 50Hz...
Thor Andre Karlsen
Film Handler

- posted April 14, 2012 10:33 AM      Profile for Thor Andre Karlsen   Email Thor Andre Karlsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi!

I Just bought an Singer Instaload 2110 (the standard model) I taught that it was convertible to 230v 50hz, but thats only the international models, the 2210 don't have a 50Hz pulley. the voltage is easy tho change with a transformer, but the frequency is another story... do anyone have a suggestion?
is the pulleys and transformers interchangeable between 2210 and 2211?

It costs an awful lot to ship it, so I have to keep it.

|  IP: Logged

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 18, 2012 02:24 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

maybe you can use such a voltage converter?
http://www.spannungswandler.us/shop/article_HE-300/Minwa-Spannungswandler-110_120--%3E-220_240V-300-Watt.html?shop_param=cid%3D52%26aid%3DHE-300%26

Jörg

Thor Andre Karlsen
Film Handler

- posted April 19, 2012 02:20 PM      Profile for Thor Andre Karlsen   Email Thor Andre Karlsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can do that, but thats not the problem, the problem is the frequency, (which an voltage converter don't change) in an AC motor its the frequency that governs the RPM, its made for 60hz and where I live its 50hz, the motor will then give the projector a frame rate of 20FPS.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC