8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Telex Instaload Not Running Right (Help!)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Telex Instaload Not Running Right (Help!)
David Klingler
Junior

- posted January 16, 2013 06:04 PM      Profile for David Klingler   Email David Klingler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Without film threaded the projector runs normal. When I thread film there is this one lever that pushes the film about every 5 seconds and causes the screen the shake. I am wondering if I am threading it wrong or if the lever is broke? Pictures are below, zoomed in is the lever and I videod the projector not working.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l246/raditz14/IMG_0433_zps340f3c36.jpg

http://youtu.be/lC2lhaCLKVI

***Side Notes and Questiopns***

Does the take up reel matter? Its a Bell Howard...

Notice the lever messes up when it hits the teeth of the grey mechanism. When it does not get pushed into the mechanism it runs smoothly.

Also when I hold back the take up reel and make it go slower IT RUNS PERFECT, only problem is that the film gets caught inside the machine and jams :/

|  IP: Logged

Matt McBride
Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2013 06:21 PM      Profile for Matt McBride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David and welcome to the forum. The reason why the film keeps jumping is the projector is losing its lower loop and the mechanism below is the loop restorer trying to restore it. There can be many reasons why it's losing its lower loop. One reason is the timing could be off on the gears, meaning there could be gunk and rubber stuck in the cogs on the non-operators side causing a slight jump on the belt, making one of the gears going slower than the others, which will off set the timing of the loops. Another reason is the film you are trying to run has too many splices for the projector to handle making to many jumps at the loops. Something could also be stuck in the film gate or along the path. I would clean the film path first before trying the other things.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted January 16, 2013 07:36 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello David and welcome, I notice from the clip on Youtube, the
take up spool appears to speed up and then slow etc, that I
think is where your problem might lie.Try letting the film just discharge into a bin or plastic sack,if the projector works okay
then it could be the take up might need some attention eg;
lubrication, or maybe a damaged cog.Take a look and keep us
posted.

David Klingler
Junior

- posted January 16, 2013 09:53 PM      Profile for David Klingler   Email David Klingler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the quick replies, tried letting it play without the takeup reel and still had problems. I believe yall are right with the gears not being timed up correctly.

What is odd as mentioned in the original message. When I slow the speed down of the take up reel with my hand the screen plays smooth, however the film gets jammed inside the machine and eventually stops playing after a minute.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC