8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Removing Eiki Back Cover

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Removing Eiki Back Cover
Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2013 02:08 PM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,
I just bought an EIKI Model RT-0 projector and I'm trying to remove the back cover. It has a clamp on the front that you open
to unlock the cover but the cover will not come off when you unclamp it? Any suggestions how I can open this back cover before I get real frustruated and break it off??

Thank you,
Roger

|  IP: Logged

Robert Lewis
Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2013 02:36 PM      Profile for Robert Lewis   Email Robert Lewis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Roger.

Usually on Eiki projectors (I think this common to all models in the RT, ST and RM series, there is, in addition to the clamp to which you refer, a locking screw. This is located near the top of the main frame of the projector when viewed from the front of the projector. It is usually a small "cross headed" screw and one has to unscrew this until it is almost out and then the side panel of the projector can be opened by opening the clamp.

There is usually a small label near the screw which identifies the purpose of the screw, but I suspect that on some projectors the labels have been lost over the years.

I hope this helps.

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2013 03:01 PM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Robert,
Thank you for your advise!
I did find one set screw at the top near the take-up reel and removed it and that loosened that corner of the back cover but now the front end at the top corner will not release and there are no screws anywhere like the other one that I found so if I try and pry it off with a screw driver it will break the case.
I'm going to have to find someone out there that owns an Eiki so they can tell me how I can get this cover off before I get too frustrated with it and end up breaking it!

Thank you,
Roger

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted February 24, 2013 03:03 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Open sesame' that should do it!

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2013 03:26 PM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pat,
I already tried that!

frank arnstein
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 25, 2013 05:45 AM      Profile for frank arnstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Roger,
Look near the clamp that you undid at the front.
Usually there is a fine thread screw in the frame, just above the clamp. You may need to unscrew it a long way before it releases and allows the cover to open. Refit the other screw from near the take up reel that you removed.

see how you go.

dogtor frankarnstein [Wink]

--------------------
At Projector Heaven the Focus is always on Detail.

____
[o:/o]<|=- dogtor@projectorheaven.com.au
//``\\
-----------------------------------------------

Richard C Patchett
Master Film Handler

- posted February 25, 2013 12:42 PM      Profile for Richard C Patchett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings
He got it opened with my help
Now he’s got other troubles
I’m trying to help him direct
RC

--------------------
RC’s Classic Collection
16 mm Parts & Service
Elmo, Eiki, Bell & Howell +
http://www.rcsclassic16mm.com/

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 03, 2013 07:11 AM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings,
Thanks for all the tips and kudos goes out to Richard P. because he went way above & beyond the call of duty to help me out with another problem I encountered.

Thanks again,
Roger

Richard C Patchett
Master Film Handler

- posted March 03, 2013 10:49 AM      Profile for Richard C Patchett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings Roger
Thank You for the kind words
Glad to be of service
RC

--------------------
RC’s Classic Collection
16 mm Parts & Service
Elmo, Eiki, Bell & Howell +
http://www.rcsclassic16mm.com/

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC