8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » The Return of the 16mm Projector!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Return of the 16mm Projector!
James Romero
Film Handler

- posted July 10, 2013 11:30 AM      Profile for James Romero   Email James Romero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For a limited time, The Film Forever Company is selling an inventory of restored Kodak CT1000 and Elmo 16-CL Projectors complete with all the accessories, the original manual and backed by a one-year warranty.

To reserve your projector, you can write them at:
thefilmforevercompany@gmail.com

|  IP: Logged

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted July 10, 2013 11:31 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Elmo 16 CL by any chance European version? If so, how much?

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted July 10, 2013 02:47 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Kodak Ektagraphic CT1000 and the Elmo 16-CL are, of course, the same projector.

--------------------
Maurice

James Romero
Film Handler

- posted July 13, 2013 10:56 PM      Profile for James Romero   Email James Romero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These projectors are not the European versions. Sorry.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted July 13, 2013 11:10 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's the difference between the European version and the (I supppose) American one ?

--------------------
Dominique

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted July 14, 2013 02:24 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's probably their voltage range. If they are for US they are 120 volts and 60 cycle mains frequency.

--------------------
Maurice

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted July 14, 2013 07:35 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is the voltage a problem ? I have several old projectors that work on 110 volts and I use an adaptator. However, I don't know anything about the cycles. I bought a projector (I think that was made for the Japanese market) probably from the seventies, with a "220 volts modern look) and burned two lamps before I realised it was working on 100 volts. Then I just set the adaptator on 100 volts and it works. I didn't check the cycles. Does that matter ?

--------------------
Dominique

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted July 14, 2013 08:55 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AC mains frequency (cycles) will affect the speed of the projector if it has a synchronous motor.

50 cycles or 60 cycles.

--------------------
Maurice

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted July 14, 2013 09:37 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks. As the speed is normal, it has probably the same cycles than in Europe but I will check that next time.

--------------------
Dominique

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted July 15, 2013 08:34 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Click on the link to check mains frequency of countries, listed under "Frequency" in Hz (hertz.) The standard voltage is also shown.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mains_electricity_by_country

--------------------
Maurice

James Romero
Film Handler

- posted July 22, 2013 11:14 AM      Profile for James Romero   Email James Romero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nearly Sold Out! Only one projector left!

thefilmforevercompany@gmail.com

James Romero
Film Handler

- posted July 23, 2013 12:39 PM      Profile for James Romero   Email James Romero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SOLD OUT!

James Romero
Film Handler

- posted August 11, 2013 02:54 PM      Profile for James Romero   Email James Romero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Treat yourself to a 100% fully working, virtually 'New' Projector this Holiday Season and forget the headaches and risk that comes from buying a 'Used' machine.

The Film Forever Company is now accepting Special Orders for our next shipment of fully restored Kodak CT1000 and Elmo 16-CL Projectors. Each projector comes complete with all the accessories, the original manual and is backed by our full one-year warranty. Our next shipment will be extremely limited so reserve your unit today.

To Special Order your projector please write The Film Forever Company at: thefilmforevercompany@gmail.com

Projectors scheduled to ship out by December 1, 2013.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC