8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Ampro Stylist Belt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ampro Stylist Belt
James Peterson
Film Handler

- posted August 07, 2013 10:10 AM      Profile for James Peterson   Email James Peterson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have an Ampro Stylist that I bought and am restoring (my post is out there "Ampro Stylist 16mm at Thrift store").

I am having a fit finding the right belt! Where did you Ampro users get your belt? I ordered a belt off Ebay and it's an FRF 12.1" one, but it's too long even with the idler arm that rests on the back of the belt. The online service manual calls for an 18646 belt and has handwritten text next to it calling for the PRB FRF 12.1 belt--that seems to be about 2" too long.

Do any of you Ampro users remember the length of your drive belt? I'm so close--I almost have everything working now mechanically.

BTW, mine is an orginal/standard "Stylist" it isn't a Super Stylist, Stylist Major, mkII or anything like that.

--------------------
James "Pete" Peterson II

Far too many machines--I'm sick

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC