8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Where to get belts (Hokushin)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where to get belts (Hokushin)
Pete Richards
Master Film Handler

- posted August 15, 2013 06:28 PM      Profile for Pete Richards   Email Pete Richards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The belt on my old hokushin SC210 16mm projector finally snapped. It is a narrow triangular 'V' belt, 2.5mm at the widest point and 288mm long (measuring the snapped belt laid out flat) it is toothed on the flat side.
Anyone know where I could get that belt, or one that would work?

The only seller I have found so far wants USD$125 for the belt.

Eek!

[ August 15, 2013, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: Pete Richards ]

|  IP: Logged

Lindsay Morris
Film Handler

- posted August 15, 2013 10:22 PM      Profile for Lindsay Morris   Email Lindsay Morris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pete,

Is that the motor drive belt you are after??? I have a few SC10's I have been using to keep a couple of other SC10's in service with a film club. Bound to have a motor drive belt or three lurking in the pile.
What normally seems to go is the very large belt that goes right around...they seem to dry out and the teeth all fall off in patches which rather weird results when the do so.
Darn reliable machines though.

Lindsay

--------------------
Lindsay

Pete Richards
Master Film Handler

- posted August 15, 2013 11:40 PM      Profile for Pete Richards   Email Pete Richards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it is the motor belt, some plastic was rubbing against it and I didn't realise, and it caused the belt to break.
Yeah, they are reliable beasties, I put so much film through mine and this is the first time it has missed a beat...and it was my fault!

Lindsay Morris
Film Handler

- posted August 16, 2013 01:05 AM      Profile for Lindsay Morris   Email Lindsay Morris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pete,

Have a belt spare...You have a PM.

I have had a pair of SC10's out with a film group for the past 15 years & they screen mostly monthly doing changeovers on the pair that I modified to switch light and sound over on the screen cues.
Prior to that I used them commercially screening 16mm stuff as a mobile cinema with a 4m wide screen in local halls...darn good performers when fitted with a 250W lamp. Sound is even better when you send it through a stereo simulator and then squirt it out via a stereo amp and speakers alongside the screen..it adds a large degree of depth to the sound. Some of the older films though do not scrub up anywhere near as good as the more recent stuff..like from about 1978 onwards. Men In Black was brilliant when given the stereo trick.

[Big Grin]

Lindsay

--------------------
Lindsay

Pete Richards
Master Film Handler

- posted August 20, 2013 12:26 AM      Profile for Pete Richards   Email Pete Richards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll give that audio trick a go as well. Thanks heaps.

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted August 20, 2013 10:11 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad you are getting a replacement belt Pete!

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Pete Richards
Master Film Handler

- posted August 20, 2013 10:42 PM      Profile for Pete Richards   Email Pete Richards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It arrived at work today, I am hankering to get home and try it out.
Thanks to everyone that replied, and to Lindsay in particular, this place is fantastic!

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted March 09, 2018 04:43 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For the lamps, belts, anomorphic scope holder, cam, gears, etc, etc for the Hokushin SC-10, please see our spare part finder:

https://www.van-eck.net/itable.php?lang=en&size=0&cat=film&merk=76&type=SC-10

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC