8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Eiki question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eiki question
Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted August 28, 2013 09:07 PM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
I only found Eiki sl-2 manual is there a SL-0 manual somewhere.how close are the two models. could I work with the sl2 manual

I want to know how do I remove the lens?

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 29, 2013 02:20 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Model 0 has no speaker in its cover.
Model 2 has optical and magnetic playback.
I thought that the manual covered all variations.
Turn the lens focus knob until the lens goes fully forward, then gently pull out the lens.

--------------------
Maurice

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted August 29, 2013 06:24 AM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
Focus nob does not move the lense,the lense slides when I move it by hand but I cant take the lense out. It just stops like something is preventing it

Is there a locking mechanism

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 29, 2013 08:36 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The focus knob shaft has a rubber covering which makes contact with the lens to move it backwards and forwards. After many years the rubber may go "gooey". It has probably stuck itself to the lens.

--------------------
Maurice

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted August 29, 2013 12:31 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If so, it's easily fixed. I replaced the rubber sleeve with some windscreen-washer hose, bought from any autosupply shop.

James Peterson
Film Handler

- posted August 29, 2013 12:41 PM      Profile for James Peterson   Email James Peterson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The lens is locked with a small anti-theft screw in my Eiki.
On mine, I pop the little plastic beauty cover off and the little screw is to the left of the lens housing. It was designed to keep people from walking away with the lens in schools and auditoriums.

--------------------
James "Pete" Peterson II

Far too many machines--I'm sick

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 30, 2013 02:25 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I must admit that I was surprised to read James' comment. I have an ESL-2 which is an electronic later version of the SL and have never noticed a lens locking screw.

So I took off the speaker side cover, and then the plastic cover from the lens assembly, and took a look. Sure enough, there is a slot in the lens holder, and through the slot can be seen a threaded hole in the lens itself. There is no screw.

With our marvellous Forum we learn something new every day!

--------------------
Maurice

Richard C Patchett
Master Film Handler

- posted August 30, 2013 12:26 PM      Profile for Richard C Patchett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings Brain
The service manual provides the necessary infor for the repair adjustment,and maintence of the Eiki SL series projector, model SL-o SL-1 SL-02 SL-2 and El -300sl series Except the Xenon lamp supply.
I have this mauual in stock along with the parts manual New not a copy on my web site
RC

--------------------
RC’s Classic Collection
16 mm Parts & Service
Elmo, Eiki, Bell & Howell +
http://www.rcsclassic16mm.com/

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted September 04, 2013 01:26 AM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
How big in diameter should the windshield washer hose be I see 4mm or 5mm? To replace the adj Nob problem

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted September 04, 2013 12:36 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The one I used is marked 4.7mm

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 05, 2013 01:30 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian I have the 3580 manual which is basically the same as the SSL-O if you need that let me know I can send you PDF file.
As Far as the screw for everybody else the screw is at the end of the lens once this is taken out the lens should come out.
 -

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted September 05, 2013 08:59 PM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
Jim,I'll send you a pm for the manual. As for the screw that prevents the lens from removal,believe it or not it was not visible. It was on the left hand side. I had to remove the whole lens holder which was a pain because one screw got stripped an had to end up drilling it then it came out. Now I can fix the adj nob

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC