8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Bell & Howell 2585 - New

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bell & Howell 2585 - New
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 18, 2013 10:15 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This sounds a good offer. Price a little high, but see what it includes.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bell-Howell-2585-AML-Autoload-16mm-Sound-Projector-UNUSED-MIB-Warranty-/281165442116?pt=US_Movie_Slide_Projectors&hash=item4176c42c44

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

James Peterson
Film Handler

- posted September 18, 2013 10:42 AM      Profile for James Peterson   Email James Peterson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa, a new worm gear in a new projector! It might run forever...

--------------------
James "Pete" Peterson II

Far too many machines--I'm sick

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 18, 2013 11:23 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's lack of use that makes the Bell & Howell worm gear dry up and eventually crack, but in this case it's been fitted with the new type of black worm gear which conceivable will last a long time.

See the picture of the inside (near the screwdriver) which shows the new worm in position.

If I lived in the US, or anywhere which had 115volt mains, I would certainly buy one, but the mains here are 230volt. I could buy a separate transformer but that's not really practical.

In addition to the new worm gear, the projectors have had a lot of care and attention, and even it seems, come in their original cardboard box.

--------------------
Maurice

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 18, 2013 11:59 AM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
$550 is a lot of money, however, I've done a little business with ICECO in the past and was completely pleased. Given their reputation and the scope of their business, I don't think you could go wrong if the price is OK.

A year or two ago I think they had a few of these for sale for $400 or $450. This is definitely more.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC