8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » What 16mm films did you see today? (Page 24)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25 

Author Topic: What 16mm films did you see today?
Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 25, 2019 01:41 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice,

Thank you for answering for me the details regarding your film projection.

The color screen shots from the MI Team program is impeccable. Is this
printed on Kodachrome, or a low fade - no fade film stock.

Did Martin Landeau and Barbara Bain remain in the cast when Nimoy joined the series? I recall that Nimoy joined the cast when the program moved from Saturday to Sunday night at 10pm Eastern time.

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted July 25, 2019 03:13 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Martin Landau and Barbara Bain left MI after the 3rd season. Leonard Nimoy appeared in season 4-5. Peter Lupus and Greg Morris were the only cast members in all 7 seasons.

The gentleman that sold me the print said it was Low Fade.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Mike Brantley
Junior

- posted July 26, 2019 12:18 PM      Profile for Mike Brantley   Email Mike Brantley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Know I'm not doing this right or best, but here's the way I've done it. Several weeks ago I watched the first reel of Sons of the Desert on 16mm. And last night, after weeks of watching other movies on other media and some rearranging of my apartment besides, I got back to it and watched the second reel of Sons of the Desert. Got right back into the story and enjoyed myself. A 1.5-inch lens made a good sized and bright picture from about 20 feet away.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 26, 2019 01:00 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there really any one right way?

My favorite mode of watching features is one reel with a short in front of it every night for as long as there are reels. I usually start Sunday night.

(It's just like reading a book a chapter per night.)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted August 01, 2019 12:52 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It had been over a year since I had screened Shoot the Moon (1982). This is not a well known Albert Finney movie...but a good cast with Diane Keaton, Karen Allen, and Peter Weller. Although this movie is not a comedy...the scene where Albert Finney and Diane Keaton are arguing in the restaurant is hysterical.

- T

--------------------
Janice

Holger Kiebler
Film Handler

- posted August 01, 2019 06:28 AM      Profile for Holger Kiebler   Email Holger Kiebler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday I watched The Peacemaker with George Clooney, Nicole Kidman and Armin Müller-Stahl. Some Terrorist have stolen some warheads and Nicole and George are in an attempt to get them back. This is a high explosive action movie, real intense and thrilling. I have never seen George Clooney so cool like in this film, except in from Dusk till Down.
This is an Agfa negative print.
Enjoy the images :-)

-

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted August 05, 2019 03:26 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm very impressed by the lack of lines on most of the great screenshots posted recently. If only this was the norm when buying 16mm prints!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted August 05, 2019 03:30 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
great film to have Holger

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 08, 2019 06:18 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few days ago (two different evenings) : four musical compilations (musical scenes from French films, but some dialogue scenes were also kept so it's a little bit like a digest of the films, each film is about 600 mt/2000 ft) and a documentary (in English) : Pygmys Of Africa.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 20, 2019 02:06 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
An episode of the serie "Aux frontières du possible". I don't think it has ever been dubbed in English (but since it was co-produced by the German television, there must exist a version in German)

--------------------
Dominique

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted August 20, 2019 11:39 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am so jealous Domininque. I haven't been able to watch any of my 16mm films for the past 2 weeks. Out of my 5 Elmo 16CLs not one is usable to run film at present. New parts (new rollers, takeup gears, and belts) are scheduled to arrive next week... so until then I will have to live vicariously thru the entries on this thread. [Cool] Keep them coming [Razz]

--------------------
Janice

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 21, 2019 12:07 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry to hear that, Janice ! Hope you can still project super 8 and 9.5 films.

--------------------
Dominique

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted August 24, 2019 02:03 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Dominique... I have been watching my standard 8mm and super 8mm reels. But my 8mm collection lacks feature films. I'm a movie junkie and 16mm has provided me with many of my favorite movies on film. The new projector parts are scheduled to arrive on Monday, so I should be able to get at least one of my Elmos up and running. I've gotten pretty proficient at replacing rollers and the take-up gear assembly [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted September 02, 2019 06:00 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So glad my 16mm setup is back in operation. I watched a film I hadn't screened in a couple of years Captain Newman, M.D. (1963) I could listen to Gregory Pecks voice for hours. A huge cast of stars in this movie, but rarely shown on TV.

-

--------------------
Janice

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 08, 2019 05:02 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A kind of digest (there are only the musical moments) of the remake of a French film "Le chemin du Paradis". I would have prefered to find the compilation of the original film from the '30's but it was a good discovery.

--------------------
Dominique

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted September 08, 2019 05:26 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's unfortunate Dominique that so few remakes capture the appeal of the original.

--------------------
Janice

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted September 25, 2019 08:44 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lately I have been spreading my film viewing up over a couple of nights. I watched the first 2 reels on Monday and last night I finished the third reel of Time After Time .

-

--------------------
Janice

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 29, 2019 08:41 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I was about kindergarten age my parents brought my sister and me to a meeting about camping the following summer. What was great about it is we met other families then forming a family camping group which both my son and I grew up in. We met a long line of really close friends of ours including the guy who would be my Best Man when I got married and our son's Godparents. (It was kind of a life changer!)

Oh! and there was a film!

The context here is kind of important: the "audience" was a bunch of middle class families led by middle-aged parents who just wanted to sit around a campfire in folding chairs on a nice June night and gripe about their jobs and their crabgrass: not exactly high adventure types!

The film?

"Winter Camping"

-featuring intrepid young men out on snow shoes pitching tents in the winter landscape! They changed their clothes inside their sleeping bags as a defense against frostbite and brought their shoes and socks under the covers so they wouldn't freeze solid overnight!

Mom thought this was absolutely ludicrous! (A long time ago, Dad was a Boy Scout: they were speaking his language!), but to a six year old boy this was fascinating stuff!

Since I got into 16mm, finding this one has been a quest. When we got home this afternoon from the last camping trip of the year (appropriately...), an Ebay print was waiting on the front porch!

Special Thanks go to Greg Perry for helping me find a print and fulfilling a 51 year wish!

We aren't going camping again for at least 6 months, but at least now we have audiovisual evidence why!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted September 30, 2019 03:01 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I actually glad that it is starting to get darker earlier these. I can start watching my films much earlier. Last night I watched Victor / Victoria. Probably a TV print with some scenes edited...but still 2 hours and fantastic quality!

-

--------------------
Janice

Mike Brantley
Junior

- posted October 06, 2019 09:56 PM      Profile for Mike Brantley   Email Mike Brantley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight I screened for an audience of one (me!) "Mr. Soft Touch," a bit of Christmas-themed film noir (who'd thunk?) starring Glenn Ford and Evelyn Keyes. Never saw it before, but I got the 16mm B&W feature as a blind buy off eBay, on three reels. Found it enjoyable and the print to be in pretty decent shape. Maybe I will screen it for a slightly larger audience around the holidays.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 12, 2019 07:35 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your pictures are always great, Janice !
Some films I hadn't watched for ages. First a docummentary about Jewish life at the Christ time, the sound is in French but I believe it's a British film, probably from the '30s or '40s. Then a Paul Mc Cartney song that looks like a tv extract (there is nor main title nor end board). A documentary (incomplete) in French about ants. Finally, a large spool (600 mt/ 2.000 ft) with a compilation of Charlie Chaplin films and one Laurel and Hardy.

--------------------
Dominique

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 13, 2019 01:53 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Dominque. I like having the photos of the films in my collection which has grown to about 40 prints.

Last night it was a double-header movie night with Sidney Poitier in Lillies of the Field and an early 80's martial arts spoof movie They Call Me Bruce (1982) (no screen shots of this movie yet.)

-

--------------------
Janice

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 16, 2019 04:54 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday, a 30mt/100 ft spool of a film I shot recently in Ektachrome. Then, the musicals moments of the French film "Le chanteur de minuit" (1937). Today, two musicals moments spools : "Le coeur sur la main" (1949) and "Le prince Bouboule" (1939).

--------------------
Dominique

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted November 07, 2019 01:08 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watched The Devil's Disciple (1959). This was a beautiful original print I just received.

-

--------------------
Janice

Clyde Miles
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2019 07:39 AM      Profile for Clyde Miles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
don't know this one, but print looks superb.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC