8mm Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Eiki/Elf lists?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eiki/Elf lists?
Allan Broadfield
Master Film Handler

- posted February 22, 2016 07:14 PM      Profile for Allan Broadfield   Author's Homepage   Email Allan Broadfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul Ivester has a pretty comprehensive history of Bell & Howell projectors on his site, but does anyone know of an eiki - elf list, why the differing names, and is it true that they had a hand in making the later B & H projectors?
I'm sure these topics have been covered in these columns in the past but not found.

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted February 23, 2016 03:07 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Elf appears to be a name used for Eiki projectors in the UK by Elf Audio Visual Holdings Limited.
The last series of Bell & Howell projectors were made by Eiki. They have a Bell & Howell badge, and are in the 3000 numbers range.

--------------------
Maurice

Allan Broadfield
Master Film Handler

- posted February 23, 2016 07:03 PM      Profile for Allan Broadfield   Author's Homepage   Email Allan Broadfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Maurice. The forum seems to be split into those favouring Eiki or B&H, and of course the issue of the worm gear on the latter.
I have an excellent B&H TQ 111, recently serviced by Kevin Brown, which was made in Japan, presumably by Eiki.
It's always interesting to see what's on the other side of the fence, and I've been looking on ebay at Eiki projectors, but have no idea which were the most recent models.

Elyas Tesfaye
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 23, 2016 10:11 PM      Profile for Elyas Tesfaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Allan,

I might be wrong but I think the SSL-Os from EIKI might be their last home systems. Don't know much about the professional machines tho [Frown] ...

Best,
Elyas

Allan Broadfield
Master Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2016 01:33 AM      Profile for Allan Broadfield   Author's Homepage   Email Allan Broadfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Elyas, I gather that is your machine, looking through another column on the forum. I'll bear it in mind when looking through ebay.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 07, 2016 08:42 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Duplicate topic. If you'd like to reply please go to this thread.

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

All times are Central  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC