8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Help Bauer P6 Automatic TS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help Bauer P6 Automatic TS
Arturo Glez
Film Handler

- posted August 08, 2016 02:17 PM      Profile for Arturo Glez   Email Arturo Glez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi friends, I need your help, as I said, a friend of mine, bought a Bauer P6 Automatic TS projector through internet.
Has the number: 323 Do you know what year is his production?

I was with my friend testing the projector, arrived with the loop former button pressed (green button with the number 2 printed in it)

We thread the projector with the first film (sound film), and the image projected was well, but the sound was not clear.
After finish the film, the loop former button pressed (green button with the number 2 printed in it) remained pressed without jump.

When we rewinded the film, the loop former button (green) jumped automatically.

We put another one different film, (mute film) and in this run, appeared a little flicker in the image (loop former button pressed all the time while the projection was on the screen)
When the film finished we rewinded the film, and during the rewind the projector STOPPED automatically with no light and without responding any action. Looked like dead the projector.

We were in panic, we thought that maybe was a serious problem with transformer, condenser, fusible¿?

We waited 5 minutes to be calm, and after it, we connected the projector again and pressed the loop former button (green) and “the life” returned to the projector.

-We did another test carefully, with a sound film, and then, we saw one thing that we must do in order that all stay well during the projection session:

After threading the film, (with loopformer pressed, green button (2)) when the film exits from the projector to be charged in the take-up reel, we must stop the projector, put the film in the rear reel, and then PUT DURING ONE SECOND THE REWINDING FUNCTION and return again to “Stop” position (one step in anticlockwise during 1 second) with this action, the LOOP FORMER BUTTON jumps automatically and the film passes WITOUTH FLICKER AND WITH VERY GOOD SOUND.

After do this, the following rewinding was ok without any surprise stop.

QUESTIONS:

- Is normal this behavior in this Bauer P6?

- We though that the loop former button (green) would jump after thread the film, (at the moment when we stop the projector to put the film in take up reel and that when we put the projection function the loop former button must stay jumped) but this does not occur.

-It is a failure of the projector/loop former button? Or is it normal that the loop former button (green) jumps when we put the projector in rewind position during 1 second after thread film?

-The loop former button (green) must be pressed during all projection and while we are rewinding or not?

And 2 different questions with regard to the back of projector:
See images in the links.

-What is the functions of this buttons? 0 I II?

http://subefotos.com/ver/?b7cb94059afadd195406eef740a10137o.jpg

-And what is this 2,3 selector?

http://subefotos.com/ver/?936e021dd8ecf80a7ed9c9895406b065o.jpg

-And this connection that says 1-2 2-3 0,20 v 1,5 v ?

http://subefotos.com/ver/?02ab6b69af76be68a7ae0a3c640f99d8o.jpg

Where we can get the manual of instructions/service manual in English or Spanish? We have it only in German and is difficult to translate.

How must work the loop former button (green) correctly? How works in your Bauer P6 projectors? Works as in mine?

- The film must pass and be rewinded with the loop former button (green) pressed all the time?

- What is your opinion, needs an adjust, is with failure or is normal this behavior?

I think that maybe this projector runned a lot of films and the loopformer button is punished. At what position must this button jump?

We will appreciate your response, sorry the long text.

Regards, Arturo.

|  IP: Logged

Bruno Heughebaert
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 08, 2016 02:56 PM      Profile for Bruno Heughebaert   Email Bruno Heughebaert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-What is the functions of this buttons? 0 I II?

http://subefotos.com/ver/?b7cb94059afadd195406eef740a10137o.jpg

I'm not sure (i have a p8) but :
0 : No sound at all
I : Sound from the internal speaker
II : Sound from the external speaker

Arturo Glez
Film Handler

- posted August 08, 2016 03:00 PM      Profile for Arturo Glez   Email Arturo Glez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Bruno, thanks for your help, one doubt less!! I hope have reply to the rest of questions and situation.

Thanks friend!

Josef Grassmann
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 12, 2016 01:18 PM      Profile for Josef Grassmann   Author's Homepage   Email Josef Grassmann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Arturo,

1. your Bauer P6 Automatic was manufactured in 1973
2. 0-I-II is related to internal loudspeaker, only.
0 = internal speaker off
I = internal speaker low volume
II = internal speaker high volume (loudness)
3. 2 -3 "selector" is actually a volume (voltage/loudness) adjustment: output preamp. You can turn it max. 270 degree like a normal volume knob. Damaged slit indicates that somebody tried to turn knob/cap out. That´s not possible!! It will destroy pot.
The adjustment of preamp volume is related to socket on left, between contact 2 and 3, AF voltage up to 1.5 volts
Between contacts 1 and 2 there is a fixed AF preamp output voltage of 0.2 volts.
Both outputs are used in connection of film projector to a separate power amplifier, only.

regards
Josef

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 12, 2016 03:07 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Arturo
Oldtimer Cameras can supply instructions in English. Click below and find the one that you want.
http://www.oldtimercameras.com/manuals/camera-manual-bauer-p-6-818.asp

--------------------
Maurice

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 13, 2016 02:31 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Arturo

The green button is only depressed for auto-thread. It is released for normal film projection.

After threading, and the film comes out at the back with sufficient length to go to the take-up spool, stop the motor, and then pull gently on the film where it comes out of the projector. You will hear a "click" which is the auto threading mechanism releasing.

When the film finishes it will stop, to release the end of the film, turn lamp off, leave motor turned on. Then depress the auto thread green button.

Without film, the motor will only run if the green button is depressed.

A further comment. I never rewind the film on any of my 16mm projectors. I use a hand rewind.

--------------------
Maurice

Arturo Glez
Film Handler

- posted August 13, 2016 12:24 PM      Profile for Arturo Glez   Email Arturo Glez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dears Josef And Maurice,

THANKS A LOT for answering my questions.

After read your comments, we tested charging the film and pulling gently on the film where it comes out of the projector. We heard the "click" which is the auto threading mechanism releasing.SOLVED QUESTION! :-)

But here arrives my doubt, because my projector pass all the film until end, wihtouth stop the film inside,no needed press green button to pass the end part of the film.

Another thing, when the green button is pressed and when the green button is not pressed, the projector runs the functions about thread, put light on, rewind etc. Does not occurs what you say about that the general knob will not run if green button is not pressed.

Because of this we do not know how to do the rewind,or with green button preseed or not.

Maybe the projector was modified by the old owner? Or is not functioning well? Is strange.

Somebody has the instructions in english or spanish or maybe existed differences with the Bauer P6 mechanisms?

Days ago, when we did the first rewind, green button was not pressed, and after half minute rewinding all the projector sttoped suddenly. We entered in panic, we pressed the green button and all functioned again well.

Now rewinds with green button pressed or not. Something is strange reading your comments and knowing how are running your P6 projectors.

Here is the projector:

http://subefotos.com/ver/?5b3f3359ae2ffda27885952c8f424d27o.jpg

Thanks a lot friends, sure, you are a very help for us.

Regards, Arturo.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 13, 2016 12:35 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Arturo
Have a look at the following instructions in English. Your projector seems to have a mind of its own !!
http://wiki.prov.vic.gov.au/index.php/VPRS_12903_P1_Box_700/54

--------------------
Maurice

Arturo Glez
Film Handler

- posted August 15, 2016 03:12 PM      Profile for Arturo Glez   Email Arturo Glez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Maurice, thanks for your reply and the link.

I would like comment 2 things:

My projector does not stop the film when finishes, and I can use the forward or rewind function with the green button up.

See here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFbN_lg4v-0

And yesterday, watching a film, suddenly the films began to listen bad, and I sttoped the projector and tried to re-start again the projection, and was not possible. The projection function or rewind did not work, only worked if I pushed without leave it, the green button, see here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ_UjP8rkm4

Maybe the cause was a bad perforation of the film? Or has reference with regard to the "strange" behavior of the projector.

I think the green button system is affected maybe by a lot of use of last owner.

What do you think? Thanks in advance, kind regards, Arturo.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC