8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Castle 16mm Silent Universal Monster Titles?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Castle 16mm Silent Universal Monster Titles?
Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2017 08:56 AM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought these were only issues as Sound editions? I'm seeing silent editions pop up on Ebay from time to time.

|  IP: Logged

Paul Suchy
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2017 09:04 AM      Profile for Paul Suchy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Suchy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many of the Castle monster movies were issued in silent 16mm versions; they were sold along with the Standard 8mm and Super 8 titles in Famous Monsters magazines. The ads were unspecific, but the prices gave away the fact that they were not sound editions.

--------------------
Paul Suchy

Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2017 09:22 AM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yet in the Castle catalogs from the 70s, there was never a category or price listed for Silent 16mm editions.

Paul Suchy
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2017 10:03 AM      Profile for Paul Suchy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Suchy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad, do you think there might have been some sort of deal with the company that advertised in the monster magazines? I remember they weren't Castle Films ads, and the company offered for purchase a cheap 8mm projector also. I wish I had one of my old monster mags right now.

--------------------
Paul Suchy

Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2017 05:30 PM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have an assortment of fan mags like FM from the 70s and I've only seen 8mm and Super 8 films advertised including Castle titles. Never saw 16mm in any of them.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC