8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » New Worm Gear needed for B&H 1695 TQ111

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Worm Gear needed for B&H 1695 TQ111
Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 04, 2017 04:00 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I need a new worm gear fitted on my B&H 1695 TQ111, does anyone know of someone who can fit one for me, as the man I used to use died a few years back.

|  IP: Logged

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 04, 2017 04:29 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry
The only one I know is Kevin Brown of Nottingham. Tel 0115 911 3125/ 07970 851866. He tends to be busy though so you might have to wait a while for him to fit you in.

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 04, 2017 05:57 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terry many thanks, I've got an Eiki NT1 that needs a new belt, so I'll try and get that one working first, but as I don't normally sell 16mm films, I'm not sure how much I'd want to spend on it, but hopefully I'll know by next weekend at least.

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 04, 2017 09:16 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry
If you're talking about the cost of a replacement worm then it will be in the region of £200 or more for a non animated type. If you want to retain the animation facility it will be around £250. But Kevin will give you prices if you phone him. He is very interesting to chat with.

Andrew Wood
Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2017 02:31 PM      Profile for Andrew Wood   Email Andrew Wood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can wholeheartedly recommend Kevin Brown - he's done lots of work for me, replaced worm gears for me on 3 of my B&H projectors and converted an old B&H 652 to an LED bulb for me.

He's a lovely chap and a superb engineer.

Hope you get sorted,

Andy

Dave Groves
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2017 03:12 PM      Profile for Dave Groves     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll second Andrew's opinion. Kevin did a job for me and, as he was on his way to an appointment in my area, arranged to meet me in the Station carpark. He gave me a jar with the worn parts in to show me what he'd done. Highly recommended.

--------------------
Dave

Clyde Miles
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2017 04:18 PM      Profile for Clyde Miles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
kevin is brilliant, and once its done you will have many years of trouble free projection

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2017 09:54 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many thanks for everyone's time on my current B&H troubles, unfortunately as I hardly ever deal with 16mm these days the estimated £200 - 250 fix is well beyond my budget, I've only a few 16mm fi8lms to view. I've got an Eiki NT1 that needs a new belt, so I've ordered one of those and I'll see if that works, if not I'll borrow a projector of a friend of mine. If it had gone 20 years ago I would have had it fixed, but alas as just a Super 8 dealer now, it will have to be passed on I'm afraid. I may sell the machine for parts, but it is heavy, as all 16mm projectors are.

Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted February 12, 2017 07:59 AM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you go to his house you won't want to come away his house is full of projectors and his work shed is might I say wow . [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC