8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » B&H 644 Cracked Worm Gear (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: B&H 644 Cracked Worm Gear
Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 15, 2017 05:29 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well David - The difference is that Maurice's comments/posts are based on many years of real life experiences of collecting and operating film/projectors of all guages, whereas Andrew likes to pontificate on all film guages even though he has no practical experience of them.
Andrew is a self proclaimed 8mm enthusiast and is on record as stating that he is not interested in collecting 16mm or other guages. So whose advise would you follow??

|  IP: Logged

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 15, 2017 05:53 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well I suppose Maurice. but what I cant understand he never puts any work my way re projectors or tell any one on here that I have lots of spares for projectors and films etc he gives name of everyone else .I don't know why ,I do know he bought 2 projectors of me and I met him on my way to dorset and saved him the postage how many dealers would do that

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 15, 2017 07:04 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
All is true Terry, except to say ive equally never owned any PCMC, Casmatic, Perini or GEC machinery,to name but few, but I know how to fix them when they dont work as intended.

I didnt realize you had to regularly show 16mm film to be able to fix a 16mm projector sorry? [Confused]

You are however 100% accurate in saying i have absolutely no interest whatsoever in 9.5mm, 16mm or 28mm film guages.
Nor do i ever intend loaning 35mm or 70mm from any film companies to view in my lounge.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 15, 2017 07:41 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I must admit Andrew is very much like me I have no interest in super 8 theirs nothing worse than watching a film with sand in your eyes and the flimsy film you have to deal with and Andrew has no interest 1n 16mm ,but I must admit he seems to know what he is talking about re super projectors and films probably as much knowledge as me on 16mm my father was the bee knees on 16mm films and projectors and owned a cinema in the 60s which he owned for years before selling it to Tesco for a supermarket

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted March 15, 2017 08:08 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stay tuned folks for the next exciting chapter of "Replacing The Worm Gear" right here on "The Forum". [Big Grin]

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 15, 2017 08:15 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We'll only stay tuned if we stay on topic.

This thread is about Daniel and his Worm Gear, which sounds like the title of an animated film for kids.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 15, 2017 10:06 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe a conclusion was already drawn up on that one Doug, several chapters earlier.

Daniel, I believe, decided to sample the services of Kevin Brown from what we gather, to overhaul his B&H projector.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC