8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Elmo or Eiki?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo or Eiki?
Kenneth DePriest Jr
Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2017 01:03 PM      Profile for Kenneth DePriest Jr   Email Kenneth DePriest Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want to get either an Elmo 16CL . I generally like their projectors, But I have two questions.

1. Anyone want to explain the difference between the different models I see of Eiki projectors ( I know it's sometimes a Xenon bulb, but I mean differences other than that. is there a "best one " to get? are the eiki's better than the Elmos? are they the same basicly? I have a 1.0 on my super 8 Elmo 120HD. does elmo make a 1.00 for the CL? does Eiki have one for theor projectors? thanks in advance.

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 16, 2017 01:57 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kenneth
Do you really want a slot loader? The Elmo 16CL is one. If not correctly adjusted they can cause problems with loading.
You may prefer an auto-load Eiki, such as one of the Slim-Line models.

--------------------
Maurice

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 18, 2017 10:34 AM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Elmo makes several 16mm lenses. Which one you choose depends on your throw distance, projector to screen, but there is no f1.0 for them...

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 18, 2017 11:36 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you decide on an Elmo CL beware of the rubber rollers. The original rubbers tend to deteriorate to a sticky goo which then has to be removed and new rubbers fitted. There were two CL's for sale at Harpenden and one of them was well on the way to this syndrome.

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 19, 2017 09:42 AM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very true Terry! Every Elmo 16CL with the original rollers will need them replaced due to age and deterioration. Most eBay sellers either don't run a film, or as long as the machine turns on and the lamp works they declare it to be in perfect working condition! [Roll Eyes]
What potential buyers don't realize is that a new set of four OES rollers costs about $125.00 [Eek!]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 19, 2017 10:24 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In that case, stick to an Eiki. [Smile]

--------------------
Maurice

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC