8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Hello! Film bunching problem (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Hello! Film bunching problem
Matt Darr
Junior

- posted January 24, 2018 06:04 PM      Profile for Matt Darr   Email Matt Darr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dont do subtle and delicate lol
Anyway, its off now. Go ahead, flame away

-

|  IP: Logged

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2018 06:26 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It looks like it might have been torx/star bit from the picture.

Matt Darr
Junior

- posted January 24, 2018 08:45 PM      Profile for Matt Darr   Email Matt Darr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think whatever it was it was just really stripped out.
I know its pretty horrible what I did but it worked.

Just put everything back together and it definitely fixed it!
Its working great other than having to hit the loop reset a few times a minute, not sure what thats about, but im happy.

-

Matt Darr
Junior

- posted January 25, 2018 01:35 PM      Profile for Matt Darr   Email Matt Darr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been reading from other people that have to hit the 'loop reset' lever alot and they mostly all blame the film?
Is that right? Problems with the film rather than the projector? I currently only have one 16mm film so cant do alot of testing

EDIT - well i got another film and it plays perfectly so yes, it was just the film

[ January 30, 2018, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: Matt Darr ]

Steve Kraus
Junior

- posted February 12, 2018 05:25 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Kraus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm having a similar problem with a 1575A. Much of the mechanism including the problem area seems to be attached to a sort of sub plate which is towards the operator from the main plate. I don't know if that is the same arrangement on the machine shown in this thread. If so, how does one get to it?

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 12, 2018 05:44 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How are you coming on the removal of those screws?

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted February 16, 2018 10:30 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was talking to my engineer today about this Bell & Howell and its problem, and he confirms that it is a Bristol socket as suggested by Barry.

--------------------
Maurice

Steve Kraus
Junior

- posted February 18, 2018 08:41 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Kraus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd love to know how one gets to that area of the projector. I think I'm going to junk mine but I'd like to see what's actually happening there but I don't know how to get that that front mechanism plate apart from the main one.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted February 19, 2018 05:09 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve
Have a look at the Service Manual which may help you.
http://www.film-tech.com/warehouse/index.php?category=2#16mm Projectors
Click on 16mm projectors, and then scroll down and click on "B & H model 1580, 1680 service manual."

--------------------
Maurice

Steve Kraus
Junior

- posted February 19, 2018 03:26 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Kraus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you. It became more apparent when I started taking things out. I thought I had a good worm but with more light on the subject I see it's starting to crack. As expected the lower sprocket gear was indeed cracked so this projector is being discarded with as much going into recycling as possible. I did salvage the amp so maybe I can use that for one of my old turquoise-colored B&H projectors with noisy tube amps.

Matt Darr
Junior

- posted February 22, 2018 10:40 AM      Profile for Matt Darr   Email Matt Darr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah move everything out of the way, the transformer, motor etc and you get to that gear. I think someone tried to remove it before and stripped it which is why I had to use a Dremmel to cut it out.
My projector is happy now, playing films just fine I love it!

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC