8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Help with an SSL 2 slot loader

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help with an SSL 2 slot loader
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted September 05, 2019 02:54 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am asking on here on behalf of a fellow collector,
This question refers to his Eiki SSL2 slot loader,

He has just bought an Eiki SSL 2 slot load. It seems like half the time he starts it up the image flutters or after a second or so shuts down because of that. He has done everything he knows how on threading it right but to no avail. And also if splices are not perfect or if the film is not lubricated is also looses the loop.

I know with these machines, (also the same on my SL2) that they are designed to shut down if a very poor splice or damaged section of film goes through. Fortunately, i have only had this happen once and that was due to me not checking a film properly before projecting.

If any can give any advice on this i will pass it on.

[ October 09, 2019, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: Tom Photiou ]

|  IP: Logged

Nantawat Kittiwarakul
Master Film Handler

- posted September 05, 2019 08:06 PM      Profile for Nantawat Kittiwarakul   Email Nantawat Kittiwarakul   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does the gate close completely when projected? Sounds like the pressure plate doesn't seat right when snap shut.

--------------------
Just a lone collector from a faraway land...

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted September 06, 2019 12:43 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I shall get him to check.thank you

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 06, 2019 02:43 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our Film Tech site has a Service Manual for this projector which may help as it has a list of symptoms and their remedy.
http://www.film-tech.com/warehouse/index.php?category=2#16mm Projectors

--------------------
Maurice

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted September 06, 2019 02:32 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Maurice, i will send a download to him. [Wink]

Pierre Mdihi
Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2019 10:20 AM      Profile for Pierre Mdihi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

I had the same problem. i can be cause by the security switch:

if you press on it and the projector is still block change it.

-

If it start again try to look on the mechanism pressing the film near the uper loop :

-

Look if it's block and well place.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 09, 2019 12:58 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you to all.i shall pass rhis information on.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 09, 2019 03:21 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you to all.i shall pass rhis information on.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC