8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » nice 16mm WB cartoons for sale

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: nice 16mm WB cartoons for sale
Scott G. Bruce
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 17, 2005 11:32 AM      Profile for Scott G. Bruce   Email Scott G. Bruce   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last chance before these go to ebay. Prices reduced!

1937 SPEAKING OF THE WEATHER: Famous Hollywood celebrity caricatures come to life from magazine covers in a neighborhood drugstore magazine rack late at night. This was Frank Tashlin's first color short, and the first of his trilogy of book-come-to-life cartoons. Two Zulu sequences frequently edited for television showings are present in this B&W print.

1944 THE STUPID CUPID: Elmer Fudd as Cupid tortures Daffy Duck. Includes the frequently deleted scene of the cat who shoots himself in the head nine times after falling in love with a dog. Nice color.

1946 FAIR AND WORM-ER: Chuck Jones' ultimate chase film. Each character is chased, in turn, by the next: a worm chases an apple, a bird chases the worm, a cat chases the bird, a dog chases the cat, a dog-catcher chases the dog, the dog-catcher's wife chases the dog-catcher, a mouse chases the dog-catcher's wife; with occasional interruptions by a Pepe LePew-like skunk. The color on this is very nice. On a plastic 1200' reel.

1946 OF THEE I STING: World War 2 "Movietone"-style spoof narration in this tale of a batallion of mosquitos who train to launch an attack on a man with a fly swatter. Very nice color. On a plastic 1200' reel.

$20 EACH (includes free media mail shipping in the US; otherwise shipping is extra).

Thanks for looking!

SGB

[ January 22, 2006, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: Scott G. Bruce ]

--------------------
"Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC