8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » 2 DOWN - 2 TO GO

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 2 DOWN - 2 TO GO
David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 01, 2009 07:25 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have now been fortunate enough to have achieved 50% of my goal regarding prints of Margaret Rutherford as Agatha Christie's Miss Marple. [Big Grin]

She only made four films in this role:

Murder She Said
Murder Most Foul
Murder at the Gallop
Murder Ahoy

I now have the first two on this list, so am actively seeking Murder at the Gallop, and Murder Ahoy.

Any details of contacts, adverts etc. for these would be greatly appreciated.

I am also looking for Trouble in Store, 1953, starring Norman Wisdom, but essentially for Margaret Rutherford who plays an elderly but charming shoplifter.

This film has special memories for me, as not only was it Norman Wisdom's first film, but it was one my Mum & Dad took me to see for my 10th birthday. I can still see the scene as if it were yesterday, where a model train in the department store runs right up Margaret Rutherford's gaping coat sleeve, which she had judiciously placed across the track! It still makes me chuckle whenever I think of it.

Cheers,

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

|  IP: Logged

David Erskine
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 01, 2009 04:49 PM      Profile for David Erskine   Email David Erskine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She was superb in the Wisdon pic! I still chuckle at the memory of that shot. Going alightly sideways - did you ever see Timothy Spall playing her? He was magnificent too!!
Cheers, David E

--------------------
I've NEVER let failure go to MY head!

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 02, 2009 03:30 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David,

Yes, I did see Timothy Spall's monologue. You're right - he was absolutely superb!

--------------------
Dave.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted December 28, 2009 11:22 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
David, did you complete the set of titles? I would also like to track those down as I love Margaret in that role.

Kev.

[ January 11, 2010, 06:51 AM: Message edited by: Kevin Faulkner ]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2010 07:20 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev,

Still looking for:

Murder Ahoy
Murder at the Gallop

--------------------
Dave.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC