8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Looking for a 16mm Kaiju Feature

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Looking for a 16mm Kaiju Feature
Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted September 25, 2013 07:49 AM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Howdy All-

I've always been interested in getting at least one full-length feature on 16mm. If anybody has any lines on where to find any Kaiju (Japanese Giant Monster) films. Please let me know!

Thanks, I'm sure it's a tall order.

Tim

|  IP: Logged

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 25, 2013 08:16 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a monster task [Smile]

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted September 25, 2013 06:01 PM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
No no no we done want lines on any Kaiju feature [Smile]

Let's see if USA can mess up another Godzilla feature next year

Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted September 26, 2013 07:43 AM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got high hopes for this one Brian! Legendary PROMISES to stay true to the character (unlike Devlin & Emerich)plus there's a cameo by Akira Takarada and one of the x producers is Yoshumito Banno (director Godzilla VS.The Smog Monster and it's starring Bryan Cranston ... soooooo, hopefully they'll get it right! [Confused]

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted September 26, 2013 08:40 PM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
The only problem with the 1997 film is its called Godzilla. If it was called Gorgo then it would be different story.

Anyways the preview poster looks good.

Godzilla never ends

They need to make Gamera film again

Hollywood needs to get off there Superheroes kick. And make giant monster films aka King Kong vs Godzilla

Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2013 05:22 PM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely! I said the same thing about Godzilla 98, it wasn't Godzilla, it was more like The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms. (Which strangely enough spawned the idea for the original Gojira!)

Toho actually tried to remake KK VS. G in the early 90's and couldn't acquire the rights for Kong from Ted Turner, so they made Godzilla VS. King Ghidorah instead!

Have you seen the Gamera series from the 90's? Some of the BEST Kaiju ever! [Big Grin]

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2013 02:25 AM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah pretty cool Gamera films of the 90s

They should have made a Gamera Godzilla film since toho owns the rights to both

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC