8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » 16mm sale BIG TITLES-Small Prices! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: 16mm sale BIG TITLES-Small Prices!
Stefano Cacciagrano
Master Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2014 09:43 AM      Profile for Stefano Cacciagrano   Email Stefano Cacciagrano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
leave me alone, david... never mind
and do not you dare accuse me thus arbitrarily!
good luck!

|  IP: Logged

Mike Felling
Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2014 10:48 AM      Profile for Mike Felling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ive been watching this the past few days. While not wanting to get involved.. here are my thoughts.

IMO this is not the best place to hash things like this out. The past few comments could have been sent in private, and not for the whole forum to see.

Not going to play peacemaker here, I just wanted to let it be known how someone on the outside watching feels.

David C. Lucidi
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2014 11:06 AM      Profile for David C. Lucidi   Email David C. Lucidi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike I normally agree, and it's why I didn't start copying the private messages themselves.

But when a person offers to sell items *on this forum*, it's expected that they will do just that. Not:

1.) Let their private messages fill up to the point of being full for days.

2.) Not getting me the answer I request on items that are listed for sale.

3.) Turning around and listing items on Ebay I had an interest in (why even post it for sale HERE in the first place?)

(and most importantly)

4.) 2 days later, offering the same titles I was interested in, to another member, AND supplying filmstock information (which he claimed he couldn't do 2 days earlier) -- all while the items were currently listed on Ebay. So if someone were interested and bid on the items on Ebay, and the member here wanted it...then who gets screwed? That's shady to say the least.

I don't mind if someone else wanted to purchase the items if I declined. But when I am told "sorry, cant sell it to you -- now on Ebay", and then I find out 2 days later the same items were made for sale to another member, that's very shady. And the lies speak for themselves. No worries, I am not buying the titles nor will I deal with Stefano either.

And the reason I put this in the forum is that other members should be made aware when stuff like this goes down. I know I'd want to.

Stefano Cacciagrano
Master Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2014 11:10 AM      Profile for Stefano Cacciagrano   Email Stefano Cacciagrano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I apologize if I gave somewhat bothersome to other forum members.
For the disgraceful attitude of david, he says it himself, if he believes...
if I have to be driven from the forum or not, will be decided by the moderators, not by david!

Mike Felling
Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2014 11:21 AM      Profile for Mike Felling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I cant say I agree with everything that took place, but the point has been made. I don't know what coming back and posting on the subject is going to accomplish on either fronts.

Now... where is that dead horse Graemlin... hmm...

David C. Lucidi
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2014 11:29 AM      Profile for David C. Lucidi   Email David C. Lucidi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll say this:

Moderators, if you want a copy (sent privately) of the private conversation that took place between myself and Stefano, I'll be happy to show it. Private message me and I will take it from there.

I don't post false accusations, and I don't come onto forums to drum up drama. I will back up every single thing I have said in this forum, period, end of discussion. I notice that Stefano has yet to dispute a single thing I have called him out on. Interesting....

I do, however, call out BS when it happens. If that gets me booted from the forum, so be it -- I'll stick to the 16mm dedicated ones.

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2014 03:18 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seems to me that Stefano made a big mistake by advertising on this forum first and then on EBay afterwards. Had it been the other way round all this nastiness would have been avoided. Not nice to see this 'dirty washing' aired in this way. We all want to get the best price for our collectables and EBay seems to be the way to go unfortunately. That being the case I always list on Ebay and then post the listing on the Forum. Simples!

Mike Williamson
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2014 03:44 PM      Profile for Mike Williamson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just wanted to add my positive experience with Stefano here, who was very communicative and accommodating.

I sent him an email (not a PM...If his inbox is full, his email is listed right there, too) about a title I was interested in. I asked about condition, color and film stock.

He got back to me quickly with condition and film stock info and sent pics a day or two later. I purchased the print and he shipped it within a couple days.

When I received the print, I had an issue with condition, but he responded literally within a FEW MINUTES (!!!) of my email. He apologized and offered a partial refund that we agreed on. That's a good seller.

I would absolutely buy from Stefano again. He was quick to respond and eager to make the buyer happy.

Mike

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 26, 2014 04:51 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want to write here too, that I bought the Moulin Rouge print from Stefano. It was a good transaction without any problem. The communication was also very good.
It was my first purchase from Stefano, and I would buy again from him.
Oemer

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC