8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Top gun SOLD

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Top gun SOLD
Phillip R Campey
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 01, 2016 04:10 PM      Profile for Phillip R Campey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Top Gun, Lpp Flat, excellent colour and sound, it has a couple of splices and has some intermittent scratches throughout reel 1 and occasionally on reel 2 but still great to watch on the big screen. This is a rare print, I have included screen shots show how good the picture is, the sound is really good too.
£250 + PP SOLD

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

[ June 04, 2016, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: Phillip R Campey ]

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted June 01, 2016 06:06 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
That picture quality there Phillip is simply outstanding!
(the odd line aside of course)
However can you part with such a quality film?

The theme tune to the 80's! [Big Grin] [Smile]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Phillip R Campey
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 02, 2016 04:43 PM      Profile for Phillip R Campey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew it is an 80's classic but I would love to have a scope print, the sharpness and colour on this one are excellent, if it did not have scratches I would be selling it for a lot more, I have not seen a print of this come up often, Im pleased you got your Peter Pan, I have a superb 16mm Lpp print of this and it is excellent.

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted June 02, 2016 07:18 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phillip, that's a beautiful print. Someone give it a good home!

Bruno Heughebaert
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 03, 2016 03:46 AM      Profile for Bruno Heughebaert   Email Bruno Heughebaert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wasn't he negative ratio 1:33 according to imdb database ?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092099/technical?ref_=tt_dt_spec

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 03, 2016 05:39 AM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Probably means shot anamorphically as the release prints were 2.35 for sure.

Adam Deierling
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 03, 2016 10:14 PM      Profile for Adam Deierling   Email Adam Deierling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually they didnt shoot anamorphic because the lenses would have made it Impossible to fit the cameras in the tight spaces of the planes. Saw it in the behind the scenes video on the dvd. Also weight was an issue.

David Coppola
Film Handler

- posted June 05, 2016 03:11 PM      Profile for David Coppola     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So in theory, if it was shot 1:33 you'd actually see more image that the scope version?
If you had a 2:35 aperture plate, you would also now have a matted scope version as well..yes?

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 06, 2016 02:48 AM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aha, it was shot Super 35! https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_35

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC