8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm equipment for sale/trade   » Siemens 2000 Double 16mm Projector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Siemens 2000 Double 16mm Projector
Glenn Brady
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2007 06:56 AM      Profile for Glenn Brady   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Brady   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm searching for English language documentation - including the operator's manual and circuit diagrams - for a late model Siemens 2000 double-band interlock projector.

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 13, 2007 09:26 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glenn,

None of my usual manual sources seem to have this. How's your german?

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Glenn Brady
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2007 07:54 AM      Profile for Glenn Brady   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Brady   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Doug

Thanks for the link. I've found an online German language instruction manual for the Siemens 2000 single 16mm projector, and, although I could probably laboriously translate the document, it doesn't address the peculiarities of my double-band interlock projector and doesn't include circuit schematics. I guess this is one of those situations in which I should've planned thirty-five years in advance (when these projectors were still available new).

Glenn

Josef Grassmann
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 15, 2007 05:37 AM      Profile for Josef Grassmann   Author's Homepage   Email Josef Grassmann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We still repair many Siemens 2000 Projectors and amps (tube- and transistor-ones.
I am not sure on having special circuit diagrams for double band types.
What is your particular question/problem?

Glenn Brady
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 17, 2007 09:15 AM      Profile for Glenn Brady   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Brady   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Josef

Since I began this thread, I've acquired a stack of documentation for the Siemens 2000 series projectors, including the double band version. I hope the information in these documents will enable me to diagnose & repair the circuits serving the exciter lamp and the stroboscopic speed dial illuminator.

The rewind tension adjustment on these machines seems to be a weak point, although it may be that the clutch pads need replacement. I suppose I'll learn as I go. Do you offer spares for these machines separate from a repair order?

It's unfortunate that shipping costs between North America and Europe have become prohibitively expensive. I'd have to pay many times the cost of the projector simply to ship it to and from Germany.

Glenn

Josef Grassmann
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 29, 2007 08:13 AM      Profile for Josef Grassmann   Author's Homepage   Email Josef Grassmann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, we do sell spares without a repair order for Siemens, Bauer, Eiki, Elmo, Fumeo, Eumig, Chinon, Noris, Revue a.s.o..
So for Siemens 2000 we have many spares available.
But some spares we only have in very small quantities on stock.
Here it might be, that we hold them to be able of carring out repairs on film projectors.

Josef Grassmann
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 29, 2007 08:52 AM      Profile for Josef Grassmann   Author's Homepage   Email Josef Grassmann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The rewind mechanism on Siemens 2000 is quite relaiable. Replacement of friction pads is done very seldom. Therefore I doubt that they need replacement.
Be aware that Siemens 2000 was built in different versions. On some projectors you have to shift lens holder forward (to screen, threading position) in order to actuate a clutch mechanism properly for rewinding.(If you are in doubt, shift lens holder to forward position on all Siemens 2000 during rewinding)
Some others have a nickel plated bent metal strip at the bottom side of rear arm close to the hinge. By pushing it upwards it released the rear friction. At least useful for the last 100-150 meters.
For all Siemens 2000 the rear arm has several rests where the arm looks in.
1. rest: For very small reels, projection only, (forwards, backwards)
2. rest: For medium reels, projection only, (forwards, backwards)
3. rest: For 550 to 600 meters reels, projection only, (forwards, backwards)
4. rest, Top position: For rewinding ONLY!!
Quite often projectionists are not familar with the correct handling/ operation of Siemens 2000 projectors.

Glenn Brady
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2007 07:35 AM      Profile for Glenn Brady   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Brady   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Josef

Thanks for your helpful replies. I used to operate a Siemens 2000 double-band projector in my employment some thirty-five years ago, so I'm reasonably familiar with its operation, but it's only lately, with my purchase of such a machine, that I've begun to delve more deeply into its workings. I'll be guided by your remarks as I proceed further.

Could you provide a mailing address where I might contact you should the need for replacement parts arise? I'm unable to reach you by PM through this site.

Glenn

Josef Grassmann
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 21, 2008 04:22 AM      Profile for Josef Grassmann   Author's Homepage   Email Josef Grassmann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Glenn,
our Address is:

Schmalfilmtechnik - Kinotechnik Welsch
Cecilienstr. 4
D-53773 Hennef
Germany

Tel: +49-2242-84004 until 8.00 pm local time
Fax: +49-2242-82759 (is switched off from Friday afternoon to Monday morning and on bank h.-days)
email: retino-at-haefft-dot-de
replace -at- by @
replace -dot- by .

Please note that we can be online at our neighbour´s PC, only.
It might take days or several weeks until we see your email.

Best Greetings
Josef Grassmann

Glenn Brady
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 22, 2008 08:38 AM      Profile for Glenn Brady   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Brady   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Josef

Thanks so much.

Glenn

Thomas Powys-Keck
Film Handler

- posted February 09, 2008 03:08 PM      Profile for Thomas Powys-Keck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Glenn,i also have a Siemens 2000 double band projector.I also have a Siemens 2000 projector manual.If you need a copy i will see what i can do for you,let me know! Regards Tom.

Glenn Brady
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 10, 2008 08:09 PM      Profile for Glenn Brady   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Brady   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Tom

Thanks for your offer.

Since I started the thread, I've acquired the documentation I need. I've even got price schedules dated March 1967 and a copy of a forty-page instruction manual published by Arriflex Corporation of America, importer of the Siemens projectors. Just when I never expected to find such literature, it appeared at eBay and I was fortunate to win the auction.

If there's information about your Siemens 2000 Double Sixteen Projector System that you're lacking, let me know. I may be able to supply it.

Glenn

John W. Schuerman
Junior

- posted May 08, 2008 11:35 AM      Profile for John W. Schuerman   Author's Homepage   Email John W. Schuerman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glenn Brady,

I have recently acquired a Siemens 2000 (?) Double 16mm Projector used in a video film chain. I saw in the forum that you may have manuals (in English?) for this or a similar projector. Can I get copies from you since the only thing I have found so far is the German manual for the single projector?

John Schuerman

Glenn Brady
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 13, 2008 07:40 AM      Profile for Glenn Brady   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Brady   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, John

I can provide a copy of the eighteen-page instruction manual. Just send me your mailing address.

Glenn

Ben Thompson
Junior

- posted July 07, 2008 07:15 AM      Profile for Ben Thompson   Email Ben Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have an english version of this manual scanned as pdf and can email to anyone if interested.

i also have the original to sell, along with the projector and sound head [Wink] drop me a line. will save me posting it on ebay.

Richard Kemp
Film Handler

- posted February 12, 2011 07:30 AM      Profile for Richard Kemp   Email Richard Kemp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi

Sorry, I'm tacking onto an old thread :-o

Just spotted an article (in translation) regarding this projector series:

"in nearly all models asbestos was blocked among other things - partly even directly in the air flow of the exhaust"

http://www.economypoint.org/s/siemens-2000.html

I doubt it but was there ever a problem then with asbestos? As far as I am aware asbestos is only really dangerous if actively released into the atmosphere, but the article does not specify exactly *what* has asbestos on it in this machine?

Thanks,

--------------------
Ric

Paillard Bolex H16 Reflex. Projectors: Elmo GP-E, Eumig S807D; B&H TQIII. Editors: Erno E1201, Prinz Oxford 1200, Muray 16mm.

Richard Kemp
Film Handler

- posted February 12, 2011 07:31 AM      Profile for Richard Kemp   Email Richard Kemp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi

Sorry, I'm tacking onto an old thread :-o

Just spotted an article (in translation?) regarding this projector series:

"in nearly all models asbestos was blocked among other things - partly even directly in the air flow of the exhaust"

http://www.economypoint.org/s/siemens-2000.html

I doubt it but was there ever a problem then with asbestos? As far as I am aware asbestos is only really dangerous if actively released into the atmosphere, but the article does not specify exactly *what* has asbestos on it in this machine?

Thanks,

--------------------
Ric

Paillard Bolex H16 Reflex. Projectors: Elmo GP-E, Eumig S807D; B&H TQIII. Editors: Erno E1201, Prinz Oxford 1200, Muray 16mm.

Glenn Brady
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 12, 2011 10:04 AM      Profile for Glenn Brady   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Brady   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Asbestos panels cover interior surfaces of the chamber housing the lamp resistor. This chamber is cooled by a fan, but the panels don't appear friable and so the material is unlikely to pose any danger.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC