8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm equipment for sale/trade   » 25mm lens

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 25mm lens
Stuart Bailey
Junior

- posted January 05, 2010 06:19 AM      Profile for Stuart Bailey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been looking for a 25mm lens for my Eiki nt1 projector and last night one popped up on ebay.My question is please is a Sankor f1.5 25mm lens in exc condition a good purchase for about £200 (GBP)? I have had various people say via email that the 25mm lens is one of the hardest to find.Thank you

--------------------
Where was you in 62'

|  IP: Logged

David Erskine
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2010 08:01 AM      Profile for David Erskine   Email David Erskine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FWIW (I've always wanted to use that!) I paid £95 for one and £105 for the other of my 1" lenses. Digressing (as I often do) I came across a chap who'd sold 2 x 1" lenses to a dealer for £2 each! Within the hour, it was said, he'd moved 'em on for £80 apiece!!!!!
Cheers, and keep looking, David E

--------------------
I've NEVER let failure go to MY head!

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2010 09:11 AM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw that and it is TOO much! I purchased the Sankor 25mm from Phil at CHC for £80 and mine was clean and like new. Try him first. If the £200 one were the Kowa version and brand new in box... possibly. I believe the F value is better. I use NT1s and the Sankor 25mm is great.

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

Stuart Bailey
Junior

- posted January 05, 2010 10:48 AM      Profile for Stuart Bailey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whats the website please for CHC ? Thanks

--------------------
Where was you in 62'

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2010 12:21 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Classic

--------------------
Tony

Stuart Bailey
Junior

- posted January 05, 2010 02:20 PM      Profile for Stuart Bailey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Tony.I have emailed them before and their reply was "We ain't got none" or words to that effect.So i might consider buying the lens as been looking for a while as my projector is about 10 feet away from my screen.Thanks for all the replies

--------------------
Where was you in 62'

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2010 05:46 PM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's too much -- the Eiki branded lenses generally sell for $250 or less - is the Sankor a real Eiki lens, or something that has been modified?. Just wait - one will come around...

Barry Johnson
Master Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2010 06:55 AM      Profile for Barry Johnson   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try:
Lees Cameras

--------------------
Standard8 rules!!

Stuart Bailey
Junior

- posted January 06, 2010 08:28 AM      Profile for Stuart Bailey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is from lee's cameras.

--------------------
Where was you in 62'

Rob Koeling
Master Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2010 09:58 AM      Profile for Rob Koeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Stuart,

I agree with the previous posts that £200 is over the odds. If you keep an eye on the dealers' lists and/or Ebay you will find one for (just under) £100 in the next 6 months or so. I couldn't find your email address, drop me an email. I might be able to help out.

Cheers,

- Rob

Stuart Bailey
Junior

- posted January 06, 2010 10:38 AM      Profile for Stuart Bailey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rob just emailed you.Thank you

--------------------
Where was you in 62'

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted January 07, 2010 08:26 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd agree that it's a lot although I have seen one or two go on eBay for similar amounts. In fact someone who sold new ones imported from Eiki sent me a list of lenses in 2004 which included the 25mm lens for £213.23 - so that indicates how high £200 is for a used one. I eventually got a like new one, in the original box, from a US dealer on eBay, for around £100.

As for the hardest to find, that's probably the 12.5mm! The list I received in 2004 said this was "stunning new design, very fast, terrific definition", price £240.00.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC