8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm equipment for sale/trade   » Bell and Howell 655 TQ1 projector, new worm, serviced SOLD

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bell and Howell 655 TQ1 projector, new worm, serviced SOLD
Chris Bird
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 23, 2018 01:47 AM      Profile for Chris Bird   Email Chris Bird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For sale: a Bell and Howell 655 TQ1 16mm sound projector.

This one has a number of improvements:
I bought it in 2015 from Kevin Brown himself, and was fully serviced at the time. He carried out the following improvements:
It has a new worm fitted by him.
The lamp fitting has been upgraded to take an ELC type.
The mains socket has been upgraded to an IEC type lead instead of the Jones plug.
The machine was fitted with a three-bladed shutter to give flickerless projection at 18 fps.

A nice machine, but I find myself using the TQ3 most of the time, and need to clear out a few things, so am letting this go.

Only asking £150, which is less than the cost of a new worm being fitted anyway! But BUYER MUST COLLECT from Kingston upon Thames. Please don't ask me to ship, I won't do it.

|  IP: Logged

Chris Bird
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2018 12:59 AM      Profile for Chris Bird   Email Chris Bird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A couple of pictures:

-

-

Bill Proctor
Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2018 12:45 PM      Profile for Bill Proctor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why not ship? just curious..

--------------------
US Army
Combat Motion Picture Photographer,
Vietnam, 1966-1967.
Trained at the US Army Pictorial Center, Astoria New York. 1965-1966, Which is now the Kaufman Astoria Motion Picture Studios.

Chris Bird
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2018 03:40 PM      Profile for Chris Bird   Email Chris Bird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now on hold.

Bill, to be honest with you, I'm not a dealer, and don't have a garage full of boxes and bubble wrap, and don't want to spend hours getting quotes and researching insurance. I've had trouble shipping projectors before, with a rare Pathescope Lux being totally destroyed despite very careful packaging. It took several months to get a refund from Parcelforce.

Since I'm only just outside London, I have to chance that buyers can make it to me on the rare occasions I'm selling a machine. Even some dealers won't guarantee the safety of the projector in shipping, and I can understand it.

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 04, 2018 08:56 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow Chris you were lucky to get a refund from Parcelforce,I'm with you now on posting projectors as I've had a couple of well packed machines destroyed,when you see the videos of the sorting office it's no surprise,Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 05, 2018 02:23 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with you Mark. If you read the fine print, a lot of couriers do not cover projectors for damage caused.
However when I send one I double box it and take great care packing around the machine too. Having said that, I once sent a Pathe Baby to France and the box was destroyed. Luckily the projector survived.
Some may not agree, but I find that UPS and inpost are very good, but I guess it's luck of the draw.

Chris Bird
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 05, 2018 03:27 PM      Profile for Chris Bird   Email Chris Bird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now sold to Kevin Brown.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC