8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm equipment for sale/trade   » 400ft cans required

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 400ft cans required
Lydia Beilby
Junior

- posted September 27, 2018 05:41 AM      Profile for Lydia Beilby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello there, I'm looking for around 50 plastic, 400ft, 16mm cans. Does anyone have a large number they'd sell me?
Best, Lydia

|  IP: Logged

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 08, 2018 03:30 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes I can sell you some

Rob Koeling
Master Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2018 01:20 AM      Profile for Rob Koeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Lydia,

You can still get them new in as large numbers as you want for very reasonable prices:

https://pec.co.uk/product/16mm-400ft-archival-blue-film-can/

- Rob

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2018 02:14 AM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Lydia

Just to add to Rob's excellent advice - you won't find better service than you get from PEC anywhere and the beauty of their brand new cans is you will have no marker writing, sticky labels or other nasties to remove which are often part and parcel of used ones however well looked after.

Make sure you measure the diameter of your reels as well as the sizes PEC sell sometimes refer to films on cores rather than reels - in this case they quote the can diameter as 180mm so just over 7 inches.

I would suggest you email or 'phone PEC first as they will confirm the suitability of the can size to your reels and give you a lead time for your order - in my case over the past few years I've bought a couple hundred cans from them and when not in stock it only took a few days for them to fulfil the order.

They also stock leaders, splicing tape, etc. again at the best prices I've seen.

Please let us know how you get on.

Kevin

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC