8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm equipment for sale/trade   » Eiki 3-Prong power cord wanted

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eiki 3-Prong power cord wanted
Tom Fales
Junior

- posted October 08, 2019 05:08 PM      Profile for Tom Fales   Email Tom Fales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking for an AC power cord for Eiki EX-2000A (Xenon) 16mm projector. I understand that this is a Japanese industrial plug with 3 prongs that plugs into a male outlet in the projector. I think the Elmo CX-350 use the same power cord.

--------------------
Tom
MovieStuff Retro-8 Pro
MovieStuff Retro-16
Intel i7 5820k 64GB
Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition
Studio 22 Ultimate

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 09, 2019 04:34 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom
I have an Eiki EX-2000A which uses a connection which in the UK was known as a kettle lead. The lead terminates in a three-pin line socket which fits the inlet of the Eiki with its three-pin male plug socket.
Is this what you need, or is the American model different?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/kenable-Retail-Boxed-Kettle-Mains-Black/dp/B07HP5S1Y3/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_23_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=2TH1YJGKKMCNM8N15YMC

--------------------
Maurice

Tom Fales
Junior

- posted October 09, 2019 06:46 AM      Profile for Tom Fales   Email Tom Fales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Maurice but the receptacle in the projector has three round prongs in a perfectly triangular shape and is round in shape. I found an Eiki connector (P/N NCS-253-P) which designates it as 25mm, 3-pin, Plug (253P). Hard to find and did not come with instructions on how to wire up the 3 pins.
Has anyone here wired up their own plug like this?
Tom

--------------------
Tom
MovieStuff Retro-8 Pro
MovieStuff Retro-16
Intel i7 5820k 64GB
Studio 22 Ultimate

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2019 08:49 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[ October 11, 2019, 07:46 AM: Message edited by: Jim Schrader ]

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Tom Fales
Junior

- posted October 09, 2019 02:49 PM      Profile for Tom Fales   Email Tom Fales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jim
Yes, thank you for posting that. It looks exactly like what I am looking for.
I received the following response from the supplier of the connector when I requested a wiring diagram. PDFs are all in Japanese. I'll be looking through these this evening but anyone with ideas would be helpful.

Hello Thomas,

Please review all the information the manufacturer Nanaboshi has provided (unfortunately it is only available in Japanese, but please let me know if you have any particular questions about an area)
https://jp.c.misumi-ec.com/book/NNH1_E06/pdf/0014.pdf
https://jp.c.misumi-ec.com/book/NNH1_E06/pdf/0043.pdf
https://www.nanabosi.co.jp/dcms_media/other/a_NCS.pdf (look at 253)

The manufacturer does not have any wiring diagrams beyond the information given in the links above. I apologize for any inconvenience.
Please let me know if you have further questions.

Do you need any other MISUMI products - perhaps any ethernet cables? Also, take a look at inCAD Library – an application tool created by engineers for engineers. I’m copying a link to some projects that may help you gain further inspiration! Thank you.

inCAD Library

--------------------
Tom
MovieStuff Retro-8 Pro
MovieStuff Retro-16
Intel i7 5820k 64GB
Studio 22 Ultimate

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 10, 2019 02:36 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom
Perhaps Jim could put a meter on the pins of the mains plug and trace the connections back to the socket.

--------------------
Maurice

Tom Fales
Junior

- posted October 10, 2019 07:15 PM      Profile for Tom Fales   Email Tom Fales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Turns out the photo is not a plug of the same gendre. Further, the NCS connector that I found does not precisely fit the projector either although it could be modified to fit.

--------------------
Tom
MovieStuff Retro-8 Pro
MovieStuff Retro-16
Intel i7 5820k 64GB
Studio 22 Ultimate

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC