8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Update on Ian O'Reilly (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Update on Ian O'Reilly
Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 12, 2005 12:46 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike

Be afraid, Be very afraid [Big Grin]

I have been playing with my new toy, an apple mini mac and so have been a bit distracted, have to say though it is beginning to impress me. Can't believe it is all doing this from a box no bigger than my kids' lunch box.

Never used Apple before and if it carries on the way it has so far I will be moving over full time. Operating system is stable, I have manged to link to my IPAQ...if I can link it to the GS I will be back on topic [Wink]

--------------------
Tony

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted February 13, 2005 05:56 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Now listen to me both of you. I have a pic of the two of you at the last Lightwater convention and its not a pretty pic [Big Grin]

It could just end up on here for the world to see [Razz]

Kev. [Smile]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted February 14, 2005 04:11 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tony, welcome to Mac World! Although I do keep a PC for certain softwares, I've been doing most of my work on a Mac for the last 15 years. I'm currently experimenting with Imovie for redubbing some german prints (purchased from Andreas) back into their original language...

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 14, 2005 10:01 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone,

I love using a Mac. The iMovie editing program is great.
A few years ago, Adobe software developed
Movie editing software for Mac and PC known as Premiere.
The last version for Mac was 6.5
Today only the current versions are made for PC and Windows XP.
At the time it was a Pro application, and it enabled you to save the
movie, in a multitude of different frame rates. For example, 18fps,
24fps @ 50 htz or 60 htz.
Etc.

Best,
Michael

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted February 15, 2005 02:01 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael: Final Cut has taken over Premiere on the Apple platform. But Imovie still rules for quick editing jobs (check this clip I made for a customer of mine...)

--------------------

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 15, 2005 06:56 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Jean-Marc,

Thank you for posting the video. You have a very natural talent in filming and editing techniques. A wonderful job, and I am sure that your clients enjoyed the video clip as much as I have.

Apple's iMovie has infinite possibilities, and it is indeed very easy to use.

Do you have Final Cut or Final Cut Express?

I enjoyed the clip so much, that I wish that I could go for a pony ride too.

Best,
Michael

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted February 16, 2005 07:00 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks a lot Michael.
As a matter of fact, with that video, we have 6 potential customers interested in this ride for the US.
I'll be at the manufacturing plant this Friday so, if you want to order one, just let me know. [Wink]
This video was quickly made: shot, edited, scored (I also did the music), converted to mpeg and put online in less that 1.5 day. That's the great thing about Mac softwares, they are so easy to use.
I have started looking at Final Cut, but the "full" version is a bit beyond my league for now. "Express" seems very interesting, though, as it allows many features such as colour timing, keying, more soundtracks to play with, etc. I will probably purchase it when I get my new Mac this Spring.
The pros I have been talking to told me that they were still using Imovie for preliminary cuts, though...

(Now, this is really getting OT, sorry Grandpa Ian...)

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC