8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » elmo's on film

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: elmo's on film
Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 07, 2005 08:00 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember see a thread long time ago about Elmos beING seen in movies like "Strange Brew" with the McKenzie brothers here is another one I was going through some of my old videos this weekend and found a Mr. Bill special from Saturday night live he was showing home movies and he was using a Elmo ST1200 any others you have seen?

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

|  IP: Logged

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 08, 2005 07:30 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of Sade's early music videos, either "Sweetest Taboo" or "Smooth Operator" shows an Elmo (I think its an ST1200) in several scenes.

Nick.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 08, 2005 07:39 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never seen the film, but was that an Elmo that Nicholas Cage used in "8mm"? It's hard to tell from the stills.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted February 08, 2005 07:12 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There was an ad for "Growing up Gotti" with the lady in question holding a Beaulieu 4008zm camera. This was in Vanity Fair I think. Just this month in fact!

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 09, 2005 12:44 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know about Elmos but there was a film I saw several years ago that used a very ancient 8mm projector for a significant scene.

The projector was one of those that had to be positioned on the edge of the table so that there was room for the take up reel, which hung out to the front and below the projector.

Funny thing is that this, obviously antiquated machine was showing a seemingly endless film of this young lads 'hippy' and sadly deceased mother singing a sixties Guthrie style flower-power song. The image was superb and the sound [singing and guitar]were all present and clear despite this obviously being a silent projector with a modest lens and light output.

Is that what's called an anachronism? [Wink]

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC