8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Good News Bad News .......!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Good News Bad News .......!
Ian O'Reilly
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 19, 2005 11:47 AM      Profile for Ian O'Reilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First the bad news, owing to an unfortunate cock-up in family planning, and not checking with me first my dear sister has treated my dear wife and I to a holiday in Portugal.
Unfortunately it falls right in the middle of the B.F.C.C date in May.
Now being a cheap-skate and not wishing to turn down a free holiday, I have reluctantly accecpted her generous offer.
So for the first time in twenty odd years Perrys will not be at Londons premier convention, good news for us... I hear the other dealers say .....! but just like Arnie said "I will be Back" in October, with tray loads of bargains.
And for all you burglars out there, the dogs are not coming with us to Portugal they are staying at home.

Now the Good News
Among the post that arrived this morning was a parcel, which upon opening, contained a beauitful Chronograph watch, along with the award certificate from the British Screen Academy Honour Award for Perrys Movies for Outstanding Service to Collecters Worldwide.
I would just like to thank the person / persons who put Perrys up for this prestigous award, and feel very humble in accepting
this fabulous gift.
If this was one of Mr. Milmans early April fool pranks..the joke is on him as I am keeping the watch. [Big Grin] P.S could I have a copy of the instructions as I did destroy them after reading and now cannot set the time and date... [Frown]
Regard honerable Ian

|  IP: Logged

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted March 20, 2005 09:37 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well..That is great news! I am sure it is not a joke as when I went to the BFCC in October I remember leaving your booth for just a minute and when I went back..."Carrie" was gone!
At least I have the 'Little Shop Of Horrors" you sold me. And as they say on your side of the water, "Smashing" print! [Smile]
Congrats!

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 21, 2005 02:13 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ian, congratulations on your award. Sad to admit that I know nothing about it although with 1st April coming along quickly you have put a few thoughts in my mind.

On the BFCC front, Mike is planning a table so if you want us to dump a few of those dodgy prints for you I am sure it can be arranged

--------------------
Tony

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC