8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » CATWEAZLE ON DVD

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CATWEAZLE ON DVD
Chris Quinn
Master Film Handler

- posted May 21, 2005 07:13 AM      Profile for Chris Quinn   Email Chris Quinn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi every one,
Catweazle has to be the best children's TV programme ever, that's my opinion and that of many critics. It was pioneering in its day and brought a new dimension to children's TV, being the fore runner of programmes us brits grew up with, such as Folly Foot and The Tomorrow's people, nothing like this had been shown before, and sadly never again.
If there was ever a DVD to be in your collection, then this is it a must have.
£17.99 Play.com double DVD first series.

The synopsis,
Catweazle is a magician of the 11th centaury, and not a very good one, he lives like a hermit in a forest. One day he is chased by a group of Norman soldiers and finds him self cornered on a branch of a tree, he tries one of his spells for flying! Unfortunately his flying spell does not work and he ends up falling from the tree in to a lake. When he emerges from the lake he finds him self in the 20th centaury, he seems to have flown through time. He makes friends with a farmer’s son (Carrot) who keeps him secret, Catweazle finds an old water tower in the woods to live in and they have many adventures as Catweazle tries to find a spell that will return him to his own time.

--------------------
The other half thinks i'm up to something. Shes right of course.

|  IP: Logged

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 21, 2005 07:21 AM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now I wonder who else has a signed photo of Catweazle in their shed. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 21, 2005 07:38 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chris,

And I thought you were more of a Sooty and Sweep kind of guy [Wink]

--------------------
Tony

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted May 24, 2005 04:05 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the nod Chris, I only have vague memories of this but sounds like a must have.
Have to confess to fancying trying those dick turpin ones as well.
Best Mark.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC