8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » technology today

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: technology today
Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 27, 2005 12:34 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is amazing with all the digital technology today that some commercials or tv shows still try to make segments look like there on film. any comments? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

|  IP: Logged

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted July 27, 2005 07:10 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, heck yes, do I ever have comments on that one. Actually it ticks me off that, when they do use that film effect, they completely overdo it and go crazy adding simulated scratches, lines, overexposed frames and all that stuff to their footage. It's almost as if they want to tell you "Look just how bad movies used to look compared to today's video." Well, baloney. [Mad]

One of the worst examples I've had the displeasure to see recently is a music video from the band GREEN DAY, for their single "Boulevard Of Broken Dreams." Filled to the brim with simulations of old, brittle, damaged and scratched film. ARGHH!!

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted July 27, 2005 07:17 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a beautiful Kodachrome film my dad made of our trip to
Miami 50 years ago when I was a young whoopersnapper! It looks gorgeous compared to vacation video I have shot recently. No lines, not brittle! [Cool]

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted July 27, 2005 07:38 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hear, hear! [Smile]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC