8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Buster Crabbe

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Buster Crabbe
Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 11, 2005 06:15 AM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just had a look at a dvd of an old Buck Rogers serial today.It was fascinating,watching the intro roll into the distance-a la Star Wars.I'm 10 minutes into the second episode and people are being beamed up and transported by "atomic disintergration"-a la Star Trek.Nothing new under the sun?
Buck Rogers,in the old days,spent his time retrieving twerpy Wilma from evil mongols and the even eviler(?) Killer Kane(Wilma's onetime betrothed!

--------------------
Trevor

|  IP: Logged

Philippe Cuypers
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 11, 2005 07:55 AM      Profile for Philippe Cuypers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
right trevar! its true Buck rogers is a great old time serial I have the dvd , and they did a great job on it, also the trilogy serial of (flash gordon) nicely done. I had many years ago from (nostalgia video ) from charles ? he use to make 16mm film transfer to video cassete, and I bought from him (buck rogers the 12chapters serials , but his copie was narated each chapters at each begining, which now the dvd dont have it? but anyway its great to see the old serials on dvd, I watch it around christmas time ,and than I watch the other 3 with flash gordon, I loved the music because universal use the same music for their classiac horror films. but yes producer today always take something from these old great serial! And the great thing about now we could stay up and see the full serials in one day! in the old days, you have to come back next week to see what happen to buck and killer kane ,or what happen to dale and flash !!

--------------------
Philippe Cuypers

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC