8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Film conventions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Film conventions
Colin Robert Hunt
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 16, 2005 05:56 AM      Profile for Colin Robert Hunt   Author's Homepage   Email Colin Robert Hunt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know that the Ealing convention has been visited by members. I normally go twice a year and before that the Top Hat club and before that It's hard to remember all the venues going back into the 70's. Next month starts the events again. Hearing from members who go to other places like Tadley Big Screen Time, Blackpool or Derann open days etc., would be interesting. I only know some of the faces at some of these events and sometimes it gets busy looking round the stalls and watching the film shows. Living in Milton Keynes it's quite easy to get to most places of the country.

|  IP: Logged

David Park
Master Film Handler

- posted August 16, 2005 10:51 AM      Profile for David Park   Email David Park   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm planning to attend at Farnworth, Bolton, Lancs. on the 17th. Sept.

--------------------
Regards,
David

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted August 16, 2005 01:01 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We are going to the 50th this year and hopefully next year will try a Derann open day.
Unfortunatly i'm still reeling at Duncans departure as i had a good repor with him and always had a light laugh with him on the phones and at the few conventions at Ealing we went to so i do hope the others are the same. Duncan was always the face and voice of Derann.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 17, 2005 01:25 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that will probably be down to Gary now to keep that ligthearted side of Derann going [Smile]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Colin Robert Hunt
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 18, 2005 02:08 PM      Profile for Colin Robert Hunt   Author's Homepage   Email Colin Robert Hunt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin I totaly agree on that one. Duncan was the 0ne that I tended to talk to and Gary. Derek had a good scence of humour every time I spoke to him and he is still missed on there open days. At the end of the day all staff at Derann get my vote.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC