8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » IMAX:Space Station in 3D

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: IMAX:Space Station in 3D
Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 30, 2005 05:13 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If given the opportunity, don't pass the chance to see the IMAX film: International Space Station in 3D.
The cinematography is sharp and clear, and it places the audience in the perspective of the astronauts.

It is absolutely breathtaking. [Smile]

Michael

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

|  IP: Logged

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted August 30, 2005 07:18 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ooooohhhhhhhhhhhh. Thanks Michael, that I've GOT to see. I'm a sucker for all things space. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 31, 2005 05:15 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AN ABSOLUTE "MUST".

I went with my brother whilst visiting him in Florida, to Cape Canaveral and saw it there. Words cannot describe the sensation. Unbelievably real!

Thanks for mentioning it. I will remember it for ever.

Dave.

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

David Park
Master Film Handler

- posted August 31, 2005 06:26 AM      Profile for David Park   Email David Park   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not listed down the road from me, is it very new?

http://www.nmpft.org.uk/imax/home_imax.asp

--------------------
Regards,
David

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 31, 2005 10:13 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No David, it's not that new. I saw it a couple of years back in Florida.

Dave.

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

Colin Robert Hunt
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 31, 2005 01:43 PM      Profile for Colin Robert Hunt   Author's Homepage   Email Colin Robert Hunt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is the one I'm sure I saw at the BFI Imax in Waterloo London a few years back. Must say it's the best 3D I've seen and felt like I was there. Has any members seen any other Imax shows that they can comment on.

David Park
Master Film Handler

- posted August 31, 2005 03:09 PM      Profile for David Park   Email David Park   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for info. that it is not new, so I must assume will have been to Bradford UK allready.
I do not useually attend Imax films, do not think I've seen a 3D one at all. I know one wears special glasses, remembering in the old days at the cinema and 3D glasses were not a success for me as I wear glasses. Any thing better today?
Normal Imax I find hard to watch with the very high allmost square screen ratio, I tend to be looking up and down all the time and do not relax and enjoy.
I like to go next door to the Imax to the Pictureville with its deep curved Cinerama 3 lens system, and also wide screen 70mm films. These I do relax at and sit confortably and watch.

--------------------
Regards,
David

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 01, 2005 12:08 AM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Gang,

I was in Washington D.C. this past weekend, and The Smithsonian Institutions' Air and Space Museum had screenings of International Space Station as an additional attraction.

The 3D glasses are huge, and they will not distract from viewing the film.
I am most comfortable sitting in the center of the theatre. It need not be only in dead center, because we were sitting on the aisle seats and it was fine.

I did find that if you tilt your head dramatically to either the left or right, the picture may loose focus.

Some other good ones from the past were: Flyers, which gives the sensation of flying and T-Rex in 3D.
If you enjoyed Jurassic Park or the Lost World, T-Rex 3D, is worth seeing.

Here is a link for our UK cousins

http://www.at-bristol.org.uk/IMAX/space.htm

http://www.bfi.org.uk/incinemas/imax/film/4/

Michael

--------------------
hobby that we love!

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 01, 2005 04:38 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David,take in BUGS in 3D.Quite stunning.

--------------------
Trevor

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted September 01, 2005 07:24 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The OMNIMAX theatre in Cleveland, OH, has a website but it only lists what's "now playing." Which is two titles, The Human Body and Mystery of the Nile. No word about what played in the past or what's coming up... this is ridiculous. [Frown]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 02, 2005 12:12 AM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jan,

If the call is not long distance, perhaps you can ring for info, or write to the theater and request securing programs of interest.

Later this month, the dramatized re-enactment of 'A Walk on the Moon' will premiere at many IMAX theatres.

Tom Hanks took the original moon walk footage, and duplicated the steps that the astronauts took from the six moon walks and recreated a sound stage to create the elements of the moon in space.

This may serve to be of interest to the space generation.

Michael

--------------------
hobby that we love!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC