8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Jan or Andreas, please translate this for me

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jan or Andreas, please translate this for me
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted September 10, 2005 07:19 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
jan or Andreas,

Could you translate this german language for me. Especially the crucial things related to the 8mm films.

quote:
OPERAZIONE SAN GENARO MIT SENTA BERGER UND MARIO ADORF.

INTERESSANTER FILM AUS DEN 60ER JAHREN IN ITALIENISCHER SPRACHE.

ORIGINAL BOX MIT 3 x 110 METER COLOR/TONFILM.

LEIDER FEHLT EINE ROLLE UND EINE ROLLE IST DOPPELT. DIE QUALITÄT IST LEIDER NICHT BESONDERS GUT UND BEI 2 ROLLEN IST DIE PERFO AUFGERAUT.

TROTZDEM EIN SELTENES SAMMLERSTÜCK.

Thanks,
Winbert

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Michael Scheck
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 10, 2005 08:15 AM      Profile for Michael Scheck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's the translation Winbert. It doesn't sound that good...

"Operazione San Genaro" starring Senta Berger and Mario Adorf.
Interesting movie from the sixties, in italian language. Original box, 3x 400 Ft color, sound.
Unfortunately one reel is missing and one reel is double. Quality isn't that good and on two reels the perforation is damaged.
A rare collector's item all the same."

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted September 10, 2005 08:50 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Michael translated it perfectly. [Smile]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted September 10, 2005 09:53 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Michael and Jan,

It seems that I have to express my apology to the seller since I placed a bid on his auction without fully understood the description. [Frown]

Funny thing happened that both altavista and google translator could not translate "PERFO AUFGERAUT", which became the most important/crucial words. [Mad] [Eek!]

Danke, (no I can)

--------------------
Winbert

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted September 10, 2005 09:57 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not much of a surprise - "aufgeraut" is actually a misspelling of "aufgerauht" which means "roughed up." So the perforation may not actually be damaged to the point that it needs repair... just rough in that some sprocket holes are a bit torn which COULD - or could not - cause film loops to be lost during projection. The seller would have to elaborate on that part.
If you do decide to withdraw your bid, contact the seller and have him do it. I'm sure he/she will be glad to do so. [Smile] While you can withdraw your bid yourself, eBay's policy requires you to re-submit a bid immediately, plus it shows up in your user profile for the next 6 months. It's really a last resort kind of thing - but if the seller does it for you, no problem. [Smile]

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted September 10, 2005 10:16 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jan,
The problem is, I have won the item. [Frown] [Razz]

I am trying now to negotiate with the seller. Hopefully he could understand me.

Thanks,

--------------------
Winbert

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted September 10, 2005 10:53 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that could be a problem. [Big Grin] I do hope you can get this settled with the seller - if he gives you trouble, maybe offering to reimburse him for listing and final value fees will do the trick (shouldn't be much, anyway). [Smile] Good luck!!

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted September 12, 2005 03:38 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hoooray, he understood me....

He is OK to forget the transaction and we just need to trade the feedback.

It really relieves me.

Oh God, this world does still have good persons [Wink]

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted September 12, 2005 09:15 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy to hear this [Smile] It is true, there are good people left in this world. [Cool]

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC