8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Forums got biGG

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Forums got biGG
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 24, 2005 02:24 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I noticed that this web site , e bay and google on my PC has suddenly turned giant.
this text is normal site but the page fonts is massive, can anyone tell me why this may be, its wierd and i cant see ant fault. Everything works ok. All the other site, i.e BFCC are all normal

|  IP: Logged

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted November 24, 2005 05:41 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Which platform (PC, Apple, etc.) and which browser are you using?

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2005 07:52 PM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, mine sometimes does this. If you are using Internet Explorer, click on the VIEW word at the top of your browser, then select text size & set your size to medium or whichever size suits your monitor.

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted November 25, 2005 03:47 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Also if you go to tools and internet options you can then change the font type. The default font table is normally as below......

-

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Tim Christian
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2005 10:46 AM      Profile for Tim Christian   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This can result from a conflict with saved ebay URLs. For example it sometimes results from bookmarking the sign-in page.

--------------------
Tim

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 25, 2005 03:14 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ahha, thanks boys, all sorted. Font size in internet explorer sorted.
Many thanks to all.

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted November 25, 2005 06:25 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now how did y'all folks know he was using IE - or is that a British thing to do [Big Grin]

--------------------

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 26, 2005 07:16 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personaly i think Microsoft sucks, the guy is greedy and nasty in the way his empire wants to take over the computing world.
I use two hard drives and my other one uses Linux. It may not,(yet) be too user friendly but its great, its totaly free and iunlike windows, it doesnt suffer with spyware, it organises the files correctly so you never have to do clean up or defrag, it has dvd and cd burning programs built in, phot programs are built in, open office is free and is every bit as good as microsoft "rip off" office, upgrades are free and when a new version comes out you dont have to buy a new PC to run it.
It also reconises 90% of printers and scanners without the need to load drivers on.

Did i just get carried away?? [Big Grin]

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted November 26, 2005 09:08 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes you did, and you didn't even talk about Apple's OS X there [Big Grin]

Me, I use Mozilla (not Firefox - I use the suite)... And 3rd-party software for HD backups, defragging, media playback (WMP is such a piece of #$%@), even file browsing (Powerdesk rules!)...

OK, so now I got carried away. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC