8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » The Death of 8mm Film Forums (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: The Death of 8mm Film Forums
Bruce C. Sdunek
Junior

- posted January 10, 2015 03:25 PM      Profile for Bruce C. Sdunek   Author's Homepage   Email Bruce C. Sdunek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I understand the danger of running original film through the projector, but, for me, it is the only way. We get the whole family together and show a reel or two (400 ft. reels). As my kids say, there's nothing like the sound of the projector, the smell or the hot lamp, and the flickering image on a 50in. screen. It's just not the same watching in on a TV.

--------------------
Bruce
http://brucecsdunekphotography.zenfolio.com/

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted January 10, 2015 03:44 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The idea of projecting film has been so maligned by some of the digital video generation that most people, after having their precious home movies transferred to DVD, just throw the original film away! Not knowing that those Kodachrome films will long outlast any digital format!

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 11, 2015 07:43 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
With a well cared for, serviced projector of the right make and model, you should be able to view your films as often as you like without any fear of wear or damage to the film whatsoever so long as the film is kept well lubricated.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC