8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » What happened to SUPER 8 TODAY?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What happened to SUPER 8 TODAY?
Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted July 30, 2006 10:51 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody know anything about Super 8 Today? Haven't heard of any new issues since #4 (May/June), and there's no announcement of issue #5 on the website yet either.
I hope the magazine isn't failing [Frown]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

|  IP: Logged

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 31, 2006 08:22 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

don't worry - the webpage always isn't up to date (e.g. Issue 3 and 4 even arrived in Germany before being listed on the webpage).
My guess is that the editors/writers are just doing a summer break, hence the next issue will probably arrive in late August.
Why don't you contact Mr. Cotrill by eMail?

Jörg

Philip Borgnes
Junior

- posted July 31, 2006 08:48 AM      Profile for Philip Borgnes   Author's Homepage   Email Philip Borgnes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope it is OK. I just subscribed to it and received the first 4 issues in the mail a couple of weeks ago. What a nice way to start a subscription!

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted July 31, 2006 11:06 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joerg, that makes sense. I think you're right, and I feel better now. Thanks [Smile]

--------------------

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 07, 2006 03:03 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

my "July/August"-issue arrived in Berlin this weekend.
I also recieved an eMail from Mr. Cotrill - he is very busy moving his business, ... hence can't update the webpage for th e next weeks.

Jörg

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted August 07, 2006 09:59 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah! I meant to update this thread - yes, got the new issue myself as well, last week, already done reading it [Smile] Another fabulous magazine chock-full of interesting articles. That guy with the "art movies" and the portable projector/screen is just too cool... I found the article immensely inspiring and just plain fun to read. Brilliant [Smile]

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC