8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Merry Christmas

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Merry Christmas
Antoine Orsero
Master Film Handler

- posted December 23, 2006 07:41 AM      Profile for Antoine Orsero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
MERRY CHRISTMAS from Marseille France [Smile]

--------------------
Tony

|  IP: Logged

Alex Fox
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 23, 2006 11:04 AM      Profile for Alex Fox   Author's Homepage   Email Alex Fox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A very Merry Christmas to all FORUM members. and Happy Holidays Alex Fox

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted December 23, 2006 11:04 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I would also like to add my good wishes for Christmas and the new year and to thank all the members here on the forum for making the job of moderating an enjoyable and hassle free year. [Smile]

Have a great break, Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 23, 2006 11:27 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a great deal of well-wishing going on within the Forum - now under a couple of headings - this one, and 'Seasons Greetings' started by Paul Adsett on Dec 12th, to which I have already contributed.

Not to be outdone, however, I should like to extend the Compliments of the Season to one and all under this thread too!

Still, the more - the merrier! It certainly shows the cameraderie amongst the membership. It is a privelige to belong.

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

Chris Quinn
Master Film Handler

- posted December 23, 2006 11:54 AM      Profile for Chris Quinn   Email Chris Quinn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to say Merry Xmas to all the members, and a happy new year.
may your projectors spin merrily on and your splices hold firm. [Wink]

Chris.

--------------------
The other half thinks i'm up to something. Shes right of course.

Cohen Phillips
Film Handler

- posted December 25, 2006 12:18 AM      Profile for Cohen Phillips   Author's Homepage   Email Cohen Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas my fellow film collectors.

--------------------
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c333/Hulk03/DCRbanner.jpg[/IMG]
http://blogtalkradio.com/DCR

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted December 25, 2006 04:19 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joyeux Noel...

What a night! I am proud to report that my better half and I just brought a new moviebuff (hopefully) to the world. Margaux was born yesterday at 20:37.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 25, 2006 05:12 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratualtions to you both, on your new arrival. What a wonderful Christmas gift?
It makes you remember what Christmas is all about.
Have a stupendous holiday and give the "little one" our love and good wishes.
Warmest regards,
Keith

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 25, 2006 05:36 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many congratulations too, from Horsham in the UK. As Keith said, there is no better Christmas present. Well done! The happiest Christmas you could wish for, I'm sure.

Best,

Dave.

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 25, 2006 07:02 AM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations to you both my friend. Christmas is going to be mighty expensive for you from now on….. [Big Grin]

Look on the bright side, what better gift for any child, a Disney feature on super 8.

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 25, 2006 08:34 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best wishes to all this holiday season. I would like to say that, in my honest opinion, I am very proud to be a member of this group. It's such a rewarding feeling to know we've done our part to keep this hobby alive. This thought comes to my mind when I go through the stores, and see all the garbage they are trying to push. I do not have experience with video projection, and I hear it can be VERY good. But really, there's no place like home, Toto. There's no place like home. Like in my basement, lighting up the silver screen with good ol' super 8 sound.

I am from Cape Cod Massachusetts USA

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted December 25, 2006 10:14 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas to all! [Smile]

Imagine that Jean-Marc, a new moviebuff in the buff. [Big Grin] Congratulations. [Smile]

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted December 25, 2006 10:14 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well said Chip, and a Merry Christmas to you up in Cape Cod. As you said, all you see in the stores these days is plastic garbage designed to be used and thrown away. That is what is so great about cine equipment, it looks great and just keeps on running. Large screen video is now becoming very common and it will soon be passe. But cine will always be unique, not only equipment wise, but also the look on the screen. So I think cine equipment and films will be more valued and prized as time goes by.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted December 26, 2006 01:21 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jean Marc
Congratulations and best wishes to both of you on your new arrival.

Graham. [Smile]

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 26, 2006 02:42 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
JM- Congrats!!!

Did you get the birth on Super 8? Trust there were no issues re the manger or nearby cattle [Wink]

--------------------
Tony

Antoine Orsero
Master Film Handler

- posted December 26, 2006 08:50 AM      Profile for Antoine Orsero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jean Marc,
Bravo! for this super Christmas present! You could not have better present! My congratulations to you and your wife!
Amicalement! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
Tony

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted December 26, 2006 09:09 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you all. I didn't shoot the birth on super 8. The OR was small and cramped, and it happened too fast!
But a good selection of original animation artworks from our collection (sketches, cells, etc.) will go on Margaux's room walls. So she'll be into movies very quickly. She might attend her first super 8 screening very soon as Caroline and I had planned on watching a few films on Christmas day. This is something we will do as soon as we all come back from the hospital. Wonder if she'll like The Exocist or The Omen... mhh...

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 26, 2006 11:59 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
J-M & Caroline,

Congratulations on the wonderful
arrival of your daughter.
Good Health and Happiness always.

Just give the little darlin'
some time before she is required
to disassemble and rebuild your
Super 8 equipment to proper
specifications.

In all it's amazing what children
are able to achieve, and I find
that their skills surpass what
we have ever been able to
accomplish as adults.

Best wishes,
Michael

P.S. Last but not least,
a very Merry and Happy New Year to all.

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Gary Brocklehurst
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2006 03:52 AM      Profile for Gary Brocklehurst   Email Gary Brocklehurst   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jean-Marc

Congratulations to you and yours! Love to all

Happy New Year

Kindest Regards

Gary

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC